im not holding my breath but wtb 9mm 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I dont think it makes a hill of beans which round the aggressor gets shot with,once the aggressor realizes he's been shot he will rapidly quit being aggressive......know what I mean.....too much pissin contest on here.....I carry a .45 high cap,and plink with both my 9mm and my 45 but mainly my 9mm at the range....

BudzLeon

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Monroe, LA
    Well, this thread started out a request for a 9mm 1911 and he's received two offers and hasn't responded - but has turned into the dreaded 9mm vs the 45 issue again. So, let's settle it here once and for all!!! This is the last time it can be ever be discussed again - forever, by dangit!! I also have the 9mm and 45acp (and 22 and 380 and 357 and 40 and 10mm and 45lc and 44mag), and shoot 1911's mostly for fun and causal competition. I shoot all pistols that I own (1911's, glocks, USP's, mark ii's, and wheel guns) to be fluent with each and can safely say that I regularly change out personal defense guns depending upon mood. I mostly depend upon glocks to be my personal defense weapons as the ease of knowing I have a heavy payload if needed. Whether it be the whimpy 9mm or the model 21 45acp I have enough confidence to carry into a fire-fight with the most seasoned zombie or thug(s). My shooting abilities based upon cartridge selected is bogus and a non-issue. The 1911 in 45 or 9mm feels and shoots the same with minor kick-up differences, and true the 9mm will allow a follow up shot quicker, but handling the gun for self defense IS THE SAME. When the time comes that you need a personal defense gun, it don't make a dang whether it's chambered in 9mm or 45-70 if you know how to handle the weapon, something's going to stop being a threat really quick if your fluent with the weapon. Bottom line, is that practice makes you a better shot and if you shoot a 22lr for practice then you'll be a better pistol shooter - period!!! You must shoot the personal defense gun well enough to be confident in its abilities as well as yours with it. Whether it be 8 rounds of 45acp or 17 of 9mm, if I have either in my hand i'll feel confident.

1911defender

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    I'm reasonably well versed in this matter.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...llistics-9-vs-40-vs-45...-the-whole-enchilada

You take the defense of others seriously - how well do you shoot? Do you compete? Train with anyone when classes come around?

Well enough that I can present my weapon and double tap an aggressor's head before he can transition that 21 foot zone. This skill did not come casually. It's the result of years experience, hours of training, and thousands of rounds shot with one type of handgun, the 1911 in .45.

Everyone has their own personal experience with their weapon of choice. Sometimes that experience includes more than one handgun type and-or caliber. That's your choice and you have to live with that choice. It's been my experience that the .45 is the superior caliber cartridge for incapacitating human beings. To that end I train to protect myself with only one handgun in only one caliber. Although I shoot others for other reasons, I train to protect myself with only one. Because of that time spent training, I am VERY confident that I will prevail in the event of a serious confrontation.

It has also been my personal experience that, if you kill the alpha wolf, the other pack members rapidly lose their desire to press the attack. This does not mean that the defender should relax his guard, it means that the defender MAY have more time to acquire his next target.

o gambit o

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Look for llama I know there not the best but you can get a full size or short and they are cheep. I have a full size 9mm llama 1911 and I use that for consealed carry. I love mine

Look in the pic the all black is a 9mm llama

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom