I'm tired of living in fear.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    With all of the new TSA bull-honkey, we are forced to step back and examine what the U.S.A. has become.

I'm beginning to have the mindset that... the terrorists won. The reasons are as follows:

1) Government has enacted overly-intrusive regulations in the name of security. The TSA doesn't give a hoot about your complaints, and could care less that (like unions, but in a different manner) they're destroying the very industry on which they thrive.

2) Freedoms have diminished, in smaller steps as well as larger (think Patriot Act).

3) US citizens (especially on this board) are increasingly living in fear. Sure, we boast about being "prepared" and arm ourselves, but against what? An invasion? A revolution? Surely your stocks of food and thousands of rounds of ammo aren't in preparation for just a simple aggravated burglary... While it cannot hurt to be prepared for what may arise, one cannot deny that fear provides some motivation for such collections.

4) The attacks on 9/11 has brought SUPPORT to the radical muslim cause worldwide, whether by direct contributions or by 5th-column idiocy by liberals in our own country. A startling number of free-thinking americans believe that even our own President is one, in that we are living a manchurian-candidate scenario.

---------------------------------------

And on the other hand... why all this fascination with airplanes? We spend billions of dollars protecting only one aspect of our infrastructure. Certainly equal havoc can be wreaked in any number of creative ways, to which we pay virtually NO attention.

I refuse to believe terrorists are that stupid, and this whole TSA business is just a massive shell game to make the average idiot feel safe.

----------------------------------------

I apologize for this rant, but I'm absolutely tired of living my life in fear, and I'm surrounded by it. Fear of some unknown threat, fear of our own government, fear of the future, fear for the economy, fear for the future of medicine, fear for the world my children will grow up in.

I plan to exercise the usual diligence, but this is ridiculous.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    AMEN!!!! This is utter and total BULLSH*T

they say we can't profile.. WTF??? when was the last time a white male from Boise ID boarded a plane with explosives shoved up his...

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I don't live in fear. I knew it was ******** ever since 9/12. All Bush's rhetoric aside about not changing our lifestyles out of fear, what have we done? We exchanged liberty for small protection. Sound familiar?

Home of the free and the brave? I think not.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I don't live in fear. I knew it was ******** ever since 9/12. All Bush's rhetoric aside about not changing our lifestyles out of fear, what have we done? We exchanged liberty for small protection. Sound familiar?

Home of the free and the brave? I think not.

home of the oppressed and chickensh*t

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The question to me is whether we'd be willing to tolerate a couple airplane/subway/restaurant bombings and maybe a nuclear plant meltdown every year to keep our way of life. Deep in me I feel that it would be worth it. Commerce would be badly disrupted for sure.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I used to be scared. However, I only am scared of the unknown. I know what is going to happen to this country, because it is happening.

I am just enjoying life, but staying informed. I been studying this kind of stuff long enough to see the signs when it will really get tough. I will hunker down long before the rest of the masses catches on.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The question to me is whether we'd be willing to tolerate a couple airplane/subway/restaurant bombings and maybe a nuclear plant meltdown every year to keep our way of life. Deep in me I feel that it would be worth it. Commerce would be badly disrupted for sure.

The government would salivate at the thought of that. Even more reason to take control of every single aspect of our life.

iamdat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    baton rouge
    AMEN!!!! This is utter and total BULLSH*T

they say we can't profile.. WTF??? when was the last time a white male from Boise ID boarded a plane with explosives shoved up his...

while i agree with the op, its funny you mention a white guy from boise. do you realize idaho actually is the biggest treat of home-grown terrorist in the us? lots of militant groups and religious fanatics up there.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    You know what's curious? Europeans have generally already made this decision. They're willing to endure the occasional bombing without giving up their freedoms. Here in the home of the free and the brave we've given them up gladly.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    maybe we need a few bombings to remind the rest of the population what we're fighting in the middle east

all these "security measures" enforced on it's own population by our government is a **** poor excuse and half measure by the people who are supposed to protect us.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I think we'll know more in 12, we have a good foot in door to make changes, I want to see what is going to happen when the changes are tried.

I see several states are filing to nullify the commerce clause
    Bunch are talking and filing other nullification stuff.
    I'm reading that Virginia for one, Texas, are going to be getting very Fed offensive, I want to see how the new Congress backs Az in all it's struggles

Don't rule out what the grass roots folks are doing...it's biz as usual for them...attending every form of Gvt meeting from local on up...they are the very ones that made this romp in the house possible

I'm waiting to see...

as to what I do in the meantime I keep looking and trying to see whats in the other hand

Y'all are right about TSA, Beck was all over them yesterday as well...give the new guys a chance

IS the economic meltdown coming ?? Probably, but I can't fix that, so I'll hang on and eat my own stuff till it's over

I believe that the " If My people called by My Name" thing is true and I am very encouraged by how many are doing as instructed, I would not have believed this part, I always believed the IF was too big for the people...apparently I was wrong

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    QUOTE: "I apologize for this rant, but I'm absolutely tired of living my life in fear..."

Why apologize? We mostly fell the same about this. Our P.C. "security" is just very dangerous nonsense.

As to what is happening; We saw how Obama could get elected by a totally uninformed, brain-washed "young voter" mob. The really scary part is that polls show 42% still support him and his programs.

Safe transportation should begin with PROFILING. Profiling IS looking for bad guys.

leVieux

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    while i agree with the op, its funny you mention a white guy from boise. do you realize idaho actually is the biggest treat of home-grown terrorist in the us? lots of militant groups and religious fanatics up there.

"One man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter"

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    We do have a choice. Don't Fly. That is my decision how to handle it. Boycot the airport. When the airlines bleed enough something will change. Speaking of change come on 2012. We need to shake more bad fruit out of the basket.

Top Bottom