Imbel FAL pics.....finally

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eganx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    was Monroe LA, now Kingston WA
    I built this beauty around two months ago and am just getting around to posting pics. its an Imbel kit on an Imbel receiver. Penguin furniture, sanded the casting seams out, they were pretty nasty, then painted the furniture with a textured flat black paint. Falcon Arms HTS, with their lightend spring kit. I found there to be a bad casting seam in the center of the trigger axis pin hole. after sanding it out and polishing the axis hole with 600 grit paper, cleaning the engagement points up on the HTS with 600 grit I have a 4.49LBS trigger and its smooth as butter. I parkerized the the kit, then painted it with flat black gunkote. the finish came out quite nice. all in all this thing was a piece of cake to build, and is a blast to shoot. if I had the cash I'd build a few more, but the AK bug bit me......

sorry for the bad pics

ptuq924dfpizc7voq52c.jpg

cl8mtosx4v0jg6qddyo6.jpg

c1q0cktg1zkhl35zyi.jpg

crjfk1u0bpo65uabv4fx.jpg

eganx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    was Monroe LA, now Kingston WA
    Damn, I have been wanting to build one of those. I think I am over my AK build addiction now, and have been leaning towards a 1911 build, but.... hmmmm

lets go shoot it..... it may just convince you to build one......more than likely I'll be going shooting this weekend. IM me if you want to go, I think it'll be out on a friends private property, should have 300-400yd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom