Included in New Biden Spending Bill: NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Remember ... The fist step in overthrowing a Nation is to Disarm the People .
    You disarm the people one small step at a time .
    Look at the BIG picture

Reactions: Tib

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Disarming this nation will be easy…just have the sheeple make a choice between their guns or Wi-Fi. The frog has been boiled. It’s just a few tendons still jumping.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Anyone ineligible to purchase a gun is already breaking the law by lying on a 4473. So I guess I don't see the issue of submitting that info to the local pd for prosecution. Am I missing something?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Anyone ineligible to purchase a gun is already breaking the law by lying on a 4473. So I guess I don't see the issue of submitting that info to the local pd for prosecution. Am I missing something?
    Really ? Everyone who gets a 'Denied' is a criminal ?

marinetaco01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Madsionville, LA
    You guys must have missed this one:
    CE189336-1259-4930-8B7A-95720309E93F.png

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Really ? Everyone who gets a 'Denied' is a criminal ?
    That's not even close to what I wrote. I said "anyone ineligible to purchase a gun". Being denied and being ineligible are not even the same.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Well, it's my belief that if the federal authorities have a problem based on federal laws being violated in the course of a federally mandated process, they should federally prosecute the violator. That shouldn't get kicked down to local PDs, already spread thin enough as it is. What this really does is pass the buck so if that violator turns around and obtains a gun some other way and commits a crime, the feds can just point to someone else and say "Our background check system works, and we told someone. They knew and didn't do anything."

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Well, it's my belief that if the federal authorities have a problem based on federal laws being violated in the course of a federally mandated process, they should federally prosecute the violator. That shouldn't get kicked down to local PDs, already spread thin enough as it is. What this really does is pass the buck so if that violator turns around and obtains a gun some other way and commits a crime, the feds can just point to someone else and say "Our background check system works, and we told someone. They knew and didn't do anything."
    Yep, I agree with you that the feds should be the ones prosecuting, but I don't have an issue with someone being charged for intentionally lying on the 4473.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    What you're missing is that a denial for any reason means that the applicant must be reported. That would include the erroneous denials. If I remember correctly, that number is in the high 90% range of all denials. It's like when your name matches on on the "No-fly" list and they don't let you get on the plane until you can convince them that you are not a terrorist. The late Sen. Edward "Teddy" Kennedy, D-Mass., used to have this problem.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    So this enhanced background check is for persons 18-20 years old? If you're 18 you get extra scrutiny before they'll let you buy a gun, but they'll loan you one of theirs so you can kill people they don't like. You can bet that the age range will slowly grow over time too.

They say that your information for the background check will be purged within 24 hours by law. Guess what. It won't. Laws don't apply to them, and there are a lot of people that believe whatever they say even though their blatant lies have been exposed thousands of times.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You can wind up on a no buy list as easy as a no fly list. Just because the feds send a denial doesn’t mean you’re a felon or a liar. It just means you got denied. I’ve been denied over the years. Had a hold placed twice for no apparent reason. Once in the late 90’s and again in ‘06 I believe. They just up and decided I was ineligible to buy a gun that particular day. So, if they deny you because of any mistake on their part, you’re at risk. That’s what you’re missing.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Back when Uncle Joe was the VP and had a "gun violence task force" meeting with the NRA, he responded to the NRA's complaint that existing laws weren't being enforced and only 44 prosecutions of over 72,000 instances of false answers on from 4473 in 2010. His response was “And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”

So, his new law pushes the responsibility of enforcing the federal crime down to the local level, which has a hard time even filling vacancies after all the liberal-driven "defund the police" moves.

Kraut had it right in post #8 above - the Feds want to push the gun control failure blame down to local law enforcement.

Top Bottom