Inherited Bow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    What's the problem with shooting a right handed bow left handed-ly? I do it and hit plenty of fish. Any saftey hazards I'm not aware of?

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    What's the problem with shooting a right handed bow left handed-ly? I do it and hit plenty of fish. Any saftey hazards I'm not aware of?

I would imagine there might be an issue with lining up your shots since the arrow and the sights are on the left side of the bow vs the right side.

Where's kemosabi when you need him. :)

SKIPP3RLANDRY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Denham Springs
    the issue I had was the arrow rests on a small folding tab directly off the bow. it doesn't really hold the arrow, but lets the arrow rest on it. when I twisted the top to the left, the arrow fell off on the outside of the bow.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I would imagine there might be an issue with lining up your shots since the arrow and the sights are on the left side of the bow vs the right side.

Where's kemosabi when you need him. :)

Lol. I manage just fine. I shoot plenty fish. Haven't ever tried a target, but I'm sure I wouldn't do terribly since I can hit a gar. Skinny little buggers.

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    I had my new to me mathews restrung today and crono'd at 252fps and I can put it in the center at 40 yards. I guess I did ok.... Skip I'm a southpaw I'll let you shoot mine as see how you like it. I also know where there is left handed bow for sale for 200$

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I had my new to me mathews restrung today and crono'd at 252fps and I can put it in the center at 40 yards. I guess I did ok.... Skip I'm a southpaw I'll let you shoot mine as see how you like it. I also know where there is left handed bow for sale for 200$

Might want to push Spanky to buy it... :eek3:

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    bring it by,ill be happy to check it for you and see if it even fits you...Thats the first step...draw length is your first ?
    It needs to be inspected for any fatigue stress cracks and just like someone mentioned ,you must check out the string,wax it atleast b4 shooting it...

its very easy to learn to shoot,but ill tell you this.
    Unless you have the time and money for a new hobby DO NOT SHOOT IT...!!!!
    HIGHLY ADDICTIVE,YOU W/BE HOOKED FOR LIFE...THEN AFTER SHOOTING A DEER YOUR REALLY SCREWED UP..Youll be hunting in far away states,lol......

Holler if i can help.I give lessons and have bows in stock..

kemo

SKIPP3RLANDRY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Denham Springs
    took it out and shot it - i have no idea if i am bad or not, hot the hay almost al the time with a few misses, but things still seem awkward somehow.

Im sure Im just not doing something right in my form, but I couldn't put it down. got tired and stopped around 50 shots.

Need to get back in shape.

Ima keep it in my Jeep so I can just drop in when I can.

Want to go again, so if you have spare time, pm me and let me know so I cna schedule the same time to get your advise.

edit: now that i think of it, im sure im still all messed up over the right/left part of all this

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    took it out and shot it - i have no idea if i am bad or not, hot the hay almost al the time with a few misses, but things still seem awkward somehow.

Im sure Im just not doing something right in my form, but I couldn't put it down. got tired and stopped around 50 shots.

Need to get back in shape.

Ima keep it in my Jeep so I can just drop in when I can.

Want to go again, so if you have spare time, pm me and let me know so I cna schedule the same time to get your advise.

edit: now that i think of it, im sure im still all messed up over the right/left part of all this

I've just recently replaced my string and cable skip. So anytime you're down to shoot let me know.

I can look at what you're doing and offer some advice on your form how you draw etc.

Top Bottom