Innis, LA shooting puts family at odds with police

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    LEO tried to make arrest, arrest went south. LEO didn't contain the threat. Shooter stops threat.

We need to know what form of threatening behavior Perk took against shooter. There was obviously some sort of threat considering the Perks recent history. Either way, bad guy dead is awesome.

IMHO, shooter most likely stopped himself from becoming a hostage.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yeah, I mean the guy kidnapped the ex's mother at gunpoint and heads to this guy's house. No question he and his loved ones were under a direct threat, from that alone. He (the deceased) got out of the car with the weapon in his hand- did he ever drop it?? The article never really says if he still had the weapon on him....That would be kind of important, no? :confused:

This will be one to watch.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He will not be prosecuted! The jury of HIS peers will see to it!

There is precedent all over this country where scumbag abusers like the dead guy, slip through the "justice" system and end up killing the victim(s).

He's obviously a good shot, though!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    "This guy was a horrible, horrible person, but when police officers are doing their job, you got to step back and let them do their job. You just can't have a vigilante type attitude," said Pointe Coupee District Attorney's lead prosecutor Tony Clayton.

Sounds to me like they were not doing their job if he was so easily violating the restraining order.

Now the question is when the perp turned to make his stand was he armed. If so, its a good shoot. If it were two deputies instead of one and a civilian, and the perp was armed when he turned to make a stand the shooter would be hoisted up on peoples shoulders and billed as a hero. Seems to me we probably have a department feeling a little sheepish because they needed a civi to do their job for them.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I agree with Emperor- I think he'll beat this.

I'm sure the woman he put through hell yesterday- although still shaken- will eventually have peace knowing he won't hurt her or her daughter ever again.....

Last edited:

Drummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    NELA
    He (the deceased) got out of the car with the weapon in his hand- did he ever drop it?? The article never really says if he still had the weapon on him....That would be kind of important, no? :confused:

This will be one to watch.

The video claims he dropped the weapon before running and was also unarmed when shot. The shooter may be in a bad place on this one.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The video claims he dropped the weapon before running and was also unarmed when shot. The shooter may be in a bad place on this one.

Defense will claim the shooter did not know he dropped the weapon amidst the chaos, and feared for his life. When the scumbag turned; shooter assumed the weapon was still in his possession.

Here you have the stars aligning for a no bill from the Grand Jury. You have the ex-wife's historical record of abuse; she's a mental disaster. The mom knows the daughter was beaten and abused and she has a gun pulled to her head and kidnapped; she's a mental mess. The shooter, having to put up with not just his girlfriend telling him all this crap all the time, but now the scumbag is there to exact revenge on him, the girlfriend, and possibly kill the mother; and he is a mess!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Now if thats the case it may be harder to prove that he feared for his life, especially with two against one. Time will tell.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Defense will claim the shooter did not know he dropped the weapon amidst the chaos, and feared for his life. When the scumbag turned; shooter assumed the weapon was still in his possession.

Here you have the stars aligning for a no bill from the Grand Jury. You have the ex-wife's historical record of abuse; she's a mental disaster. The mom knows the daughter was beaten and abused and she has a gun pulled to her head and kidnapped; she's a mental mess. The shooter, having to put up with not just his girlfriend telling him all this crap all the time, but now the scumbag is there to exact revenge on him, the girlfriend, and possibly kill the mother; and he is a mess!

I think you are probably right. The chronic behavior of the perp will likely win the reasonable people over. It will be interesting to see the deputy's account or posibly a body cam.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I know how I'd vote. :)

Yet another example illustrating the "value" of restraining orders. They are just as worthless as gun control, when it comes to protection. :rolleyes:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Yet another example illustrating the "value" of restraining orders. They are just as worthless as gun control, when it comes to protection. :rolleyes:

Its statements like this that get me agrivated... That we dont have a "like" button here. :D
    Agree 100%

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Its statements like this that get me agrivated... That we dont have a "like" button here. :D
    Agree 100%

Put yourself (as a father), in a situation where your daughter was being beaten by a dirtbag she was married to. Knowing what history has shown about restraining orders, you would probably have to act or hold a funeral for your daughter!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Put yourself (as a father), in a situation where your daughter was being beaten by a dirtbag she was married to. Knowing what history has shown about restraining orders, you would probably have to act or hold a funeral for your daughter!

Nope cause they would never find that sob's body. I'm a good dude and a peace lovin guy but there are just some things I wont allow. And I'm sure I would rot in jail and I'm sure my daughter would likely hate me but she would be alive and thats what matters to me.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Yes indeed. It sounds like it was as bad as can be, Emp. This nut was pretty damned brazen & bold to take things to the level he did. Regular beatings and brutality- AND THEN KIDNAPPING THE MOTHER AT GUNPOINT ON SOME TYPE OF HUNTDOWN FOR THE DAUGHTER??? I don't f$%king think so. :mad::mad::mad:

How anyone can say these folks weren't in immediate danger is just beyond me.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yes indeed. It sounds like it was as bad as can be, Emp. This nut was pretty damned brazen & bold to take things to the level he did. Regular beatings and brutality- AND THEN KIDNAPPING THE MOTHER AT GUNPOINT ON SOME TYPE OF HUNTDOWN FOR THE DAUGHTER??? I don't f$%king think so. :mad::mad::mad:

How anyone can say these folks weren't in immediate danger is just beyond me.

The cops will maintain that as long as there was an officer on scene, the situation was/should have been; under control.

As for the scumbag and his ilk; I am of the opinion that they, like most pedophiles, are incurable. I don't think I've ever heard of a chronic habitual domestic abuser that has ever reformed totally. They may grow old and may no longer have the strength, and may not be in relationships any more, but that propensity to beat defenseless women and children is always there somewhere.

Top Bottom