Inspection sticker renewal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My son (active military) just deployed overseas from a duty station in Nebraska where he's been for a little over a year. I went to see him off and to bring his car back here while he's gone. I noticed that the inspection sticker on his car is expired (1 year). The research I've done is that there will still be a late fee up to the full price of a new inspection sticker. Anybody have any other information regarding active duty military and inspection stickers? I imagine there are Louisiana residents stationed all over the country that perhaps run into the same thing. Thanks for reading.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is it registered in Louisiana? I have never paid a 'late fee' ever for an overdue inspection sticker in this state. The only special rules I know of are that EBRP and surrounding parishes, and probably the New Orleans area too, have special emission testing and rules.

I am pretty sure I have never renewed an inspection sticker on time in my 30-ish years of driving and never paid a penalty for it.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It is registered and plated in Louisiana. We'll see when I go to get one. It's not a lot of money, but just wondering if anyone had run into this. Thanks for the replies.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    There isn't a late fee for an inspection sticker. My car stays parked and when I remember to get one it's been expired for awhile. Now if you are late for the registration/lic plate sticker there is late fee for that.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    In the City of Baton Rouge, Parish of East Baton Rouge, fines vary based on the citation. If you have an expired inspection sticker, expired license plate, play loud music, or have improper equipment you will be charged $119.00 for each violation. The same fee applies if you allow someone who is not properly licensed to drive your vehicle.

Baton Rouge charges $139.00 for each violation of careless driving, failing to maintain control of the vehicle, failure to signal, and failure to yield. You will also be fined if you fail to obey a police officer, following an emergency vehicle, or follow another vehicle too close.

The $139.00 citations also include failing to have headlights on or failing to dim them, improper backing, improper lane usage, and improper passing on the left or right. Violating traffic signals, operating motorcycles in an unsafe manner, improper turns, and speeding between 1-30mph over will also render a $139.00 fine.

There is one group in which Baton Rouge has a $119.00 fine for each violation, but if you correct the problem you will not be required to appear in court. This includes correcting an expired driver’s license, expired insurance, failure to change the address on driver’s license, no driver’s license on person, no insurance, and no proof of insurance.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    In the City of Baton Rouge, Parish of East Baton Rouge, fines vary based on the citation. If you have an expired inspection sticker, expired license plate, play loud music, or have improper equipment you will be charged $119.00 for each violation. The same fee applies if you allow someone who is not properly licensed to drive your vehicle.

Baton Rouge charges $139.00 for each violation of careless driving, failing to maintain control of the vehicle, failure to signal, and failure to yield. You will also be fined if you fail to obey a police officer, following an emergency vehicle, or follow another vehicle too close.

The $139.00 citations also include failing to have headlights on or failing to dim them, improper backing, improper lane usage, and improper passing on the left or right. Violating traffic signals, operating motorcycles in an unsafe manner, improper turns, and speeding between 1-30mph over will also render a $139.00 fine.

There is one group in which Baton Rouge has a $119.00 fine for each violation, but if you correct the problem you will not be required to appear in court. This includes correcting an expired driver’s license, expired insurance, failure to change the address on driver’s license, no driver’s license on person, no insurance, and no proof of insurance.
    Missed one bub
    How much is the fine for an obscured license plate.
    Like the lil plate holder that says
    Bubba's used cars
    Hooplai La.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Scrape it off, no sticker is cheaper than expired sticker. Plus if you get it nice and clean you can claim you just had the windshield replaced, because you did, wink wink. And the glass guy can't put the old sticker on the new w/s cause that is illegal or something. When you do get a new one, get the 2yr sticker, cuts the whole bs situation in half.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Scrape it off, no sticker is cheaper than expired sticker. Plus if you get it nice and clean you can claim you just had the windshield replaced, because you did, wink wink. And the glass guy can't put the old sticker on the new w/s cause that is illegal or something. When you do get a new one, get the 2yr sticker, cuts the whole bs situation in half.
    Only certain parishes do the 2 year and others only on certain vehicles.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Plus there’s actually a system that tells when and where you have gotten your last sticker, any rejections, if you owe back child support, ect ect.. it’s not as simple as a random sticker installed … they know… oh they know lol

1703497648892.png

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Plus there’s actually a system that tells when and where you have gotten your last sticker, any rejections, if you owe back child support, ect ect.. it’s not as simple as a random sticker installed … they know… oh they know lol

View attachment 154321
    I'd guess the state could find out but at every inspection station that I've been to they just write it all down in a notebook. That would be outside of BR parish.

When I moved to baton rouge and tried to get a sticker he said he had to drive my car. I had a 94 formula w/6peed and my experience has told me that not many can drive a manual... So I left.

Went back to my little home town, opened up the exhaust cut out, pulled into the shop and as per usual the almost blind and hard of hearing old man walks out... "that isn't legal.", slaps the sticker on and im back on the road..

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Do not touch the expired sticker/// The ticket for a expired sticker is less than a ticket for no sticker at all... And the jurisdiction of who and where the ticket was written can effect the cost of the ticket... .Unless you carry a receipt for a newly replaced windshield this might not be best route to take. ..... Should be no late State of Louisiana fee...... But do not know about the "Cresent City Brake Tag"....... While son is deployed keep insurance and license plates Valid even if vehicle is placed in storage or cancel insurance and turn plates back into the state or be subject for possible large fees upon his return..... Thanks for your sons service. .......... drill sgt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom