Insufficient Food at US Military Base.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    I have two problems with the info in the story. First, I had not heard about the food issue. This is very troubling as every leader from the most junior NCO on up knows an army travels on it's stomach. The second, I am going to have to make myself a conversion chart to figure out that Fort Cavazos used to be named Fort Hood.

Well, we are running out of ammo for our military, now food, what is next? Of course, when our military is totally destroyed, we will be much better off (says the current administration).

Last edited:

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I guess we are sending all of the MRE's to Ukraine, and feeding the influx of new "citizens" at the border so we can't possibly feed the Military too.
    Remember the baby formula shortage? The warehouses at the border were full of pallets and pallets of baby formula for the human wave of immigrants coming to visit our Country.
    "Let's go Brandon".

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I guess we are sending all of the MRE's to Ukraine, and feeding the influx of new "citizens" at the border so we can't possibly feed the Military too.
    Remember the baby formula shortage? The warehouses at the border were full of pallets and pallets of baby formula for the human wave of immigrants coming to visit our Country.
    "Let's go Brandon".
    Sad thing is that Brandon will get reelected.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    I have two problem with the info in the story. First, I had not heard about the food issue. This is very troubling as every leader from the most junior NCO on up knows an army travels on it's stomach. The second, I am going to have to make myself a conversion chart to figure out that Fort Cavazos used to be named Fort Hood.

Well, we are running out of ammo for our military, now food, what is next? Of course, when our military is totally destroyed, we will be much better off (says the current administration).
    There's been nothing on MSM but I'd expect shipments of ordinance to be accompanied by at least some field rations.

It's always going to be 'Hood' to me. At least Cavazos was an actual Long term serving member (30+ years IIRC); JB&Co could have emulated the Disney naming convention.

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I read another article that said it’s a lack of cooks, not food. The Army can’t recruit enough warm bodies and cook must not be a primo assignment.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I was under the impression that a lot of on base services (as in DFAC's) are outsourced. No direct knowledge though of how it's managed. I'd expect they're not high paying jobs either way.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I was under the impression that a lot of on base services (as in DFAC's) are outsourced. No direct knowledge though of how it's managed. I'd expect they're not high paying jobs either way.
    If you look on indeed.com Military jobs all offer $37k/yr+ with about half of them advertising "from" $55-65k/yr.

The military should really open up to people 40+, but not treat them the same as the 17-37yr old people. Recruitment is toast.

40+ people could run domestic & national defense operations and provide support roles for the younger warriors.

I'd rather face an 18-30yr old than a 40-50+yr old in unrestricted warfare any day, and I'd rather a 40+ mechanic and cook too...no offense young people but you don't know squat. lol

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    If you look on indeed.com Military jobs all offer $37k/yr+ with about half of them advertising "from" $55-65k/yr.

The military should really open up to people 40+, but not treat them the same as the 17-37yr old people. Recruitment is toast.

40+ people could run domestic & national defense operations and provide support roles for the younger warriors.

I'd rather face an 18-30yr old than a 40-50+yr old in unrestricted warfare any day, and I'd rather a 40+ mechanic and cook too...no offense young people but you don't know squat. lol

What branch of the military were you in and what was your MOS?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    wait what? life has to suck to join the military?
    Are you a troll? I'm not familiar with you yet but you seem to be an "independent".

People join the military for a number of reasons and one very common one is because of life suckage/challenges.

My life isn't easy but it's not too bad, the only branch I ever seriously looked into is the Air Force.

:D

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Are you a troll? I'm not familiar with you yet but you seem to be an "independent".

People join the military for a number of reasons and one very common one is because of life suckage/challenges.

My life isn't easy but it's not too bad, the only branch I ever seriously looked into is the Air Force.

:D
    Okay sure man.. Whatever you say.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    **** like this has been going on at least since 98 when I first joined.
    I remember being a brand new broke ass private having to walk 3 miles to the nearest open DEFAC of ft. Campbell, to get in line for 1+ hours, for a small plate of food.

Top Bottom