Insufficient Food at US Military Base.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cymbal777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2023
    Port St Lucie
    I guess we are sending all of the MRE's to Ukraine, and feeding the influx of new "citizens" at the border so we can't possibly feed the Military too.
    Remember the baby formula shortage? The warehouses at the border were full of pallets and pallets of baby formula for the human wave of immigrants coming to visit our Country.
    "Let's go Brandon".
    Maybe if we did not send the billions,yes billions to other countries,we might be able to sustain ourselves. Like my father used to say,charity starts at home.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you look on indeed.com Military jobs all offer $37k/yr+ with about half of them advertising "from" $55-65k/yr.

The military should really open up to people 40+, but not treat them the same as the 17-37yr old people. Recruitment is toast.

40+ people could run domestic & national defense operations and provide support roles for the younger warriors.

I'd rather face an 18-30yr old than a 40-50+yr old in unrestricted warfare any day, and I'd rather a 40+ mechanic and cook too...no offense young people but you don't know squat. lol
    I’m calling BS lol. You’d rather face off against a 20 year old than someone 50+? Ain’t no way man, ain’t no way.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I’m calling BS lol. You’d rather face off against a 20 year old than someone 50+? Ain’t no way man, ain’t no way.
    If we're talking about sprinting through a field I'd rather a 50yr old challenger any day, 10x out of 10.

If we're talking about war in a city or the wilderness I'd rather a 20yr old enemy, 10x out of 10.

That's just me, we all have our own perspectives.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If we're talking about sprinting through a field I'd rather a 50yr old challenger any day, 10x out of 10.

If we're talking about war in a city or the wilderness I'd rather a 20yr old enemy, 10x out of 10.

That's just me, we all have our own perspectives.
    I’m just trying to do out the logic behind it. I’ll take a trained 20 year old on my side any day over a 50 year old for just about any physical war like task imaginable.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    My service was almost 50 years ago so my insight my not be current. However, food was not an issue then and in fact, Army cooks took great pride in their work. Contractor cooks were not a thing thing but I know they were introduced after my time. I cannot understand why our military has to worry about food now. It MUST be a top priority for the leaders!!. Whether it is food supply or people to prepare it, there is NO excuse for that to be an issue. Pay the contract help what it takes to get the cooks and make sure that the food gets to the troops. This issue is ridiculous and an unnecessary issue to me.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I’m just trying to do out the logic behind it. I’ll take a trained 20 year old on my side any day over a 50 year old for just about any physical war like task imaginable.
    I wouldn't want to battle them because of the 50yr old's knowledge. They are more aware of what they can use as tools, and what is destructive, better at psychology, more patient, they are generally better strategists and tacticians. I've never been in military combat but I feel like those are more valuable assets than brute force in general.

If we're doing teams I might take a 20yr old too though.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I wouldn't want to battle them because of the 50yr old's knowledge. They are more aware of what they can use as tools, and what is destructive, better at psychology, more patient, they are generally better strategists and tacticians. I've never been in military combat but I feel like those are more valuable assets than brute force in general.

If we're doing teams I might take a 20yr old too though.
    I disagree with you in just about every aspect but we can agree to disagree and move along.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I don’t even know where to begin with some of these reply’s lol somebody saying they rather have a military full of 40-50 year olds had clearly not been in the military
    I did not say I would "rather", I said that they should have units for older people to be able to join and help in various capacities.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Remember the old saying that "A Army travels on its stomach" If the troops are hungry from lack of nourishing food then what do you expect them to properly respond to the mission. This goes for any duty be it stateside garrison/ or overseas posting also be it peacetime or conflict deployment.... Having spent 13 months (69-70) in Korea on and inside the DMZ also 4 years in Alaska under severe Artic Weather conditions (-50*F and colder) I know about "traveling on my stomach" be it "Hot" chow in the mess hall or in the field / or even "C Rations" (well before MRE"S)...... If it is a money problem the the govt needs to stop sending the billions and billions of dollars to other countries that are trying to eradacate the United States and take care of its own people.. ............ drill sgt.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    1: no in conus base feeds their troops MREs unless they are on maneuvers. 2: the military isn't running out of ammo either. I know who is spreading those rumors, and they are Putin sycophants . 3: stop with the pronoun BS it is counterproductive and you are feeding the bigots. It is both un American and very un christian.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    As I remember it years ago, the 40+ year old people in the Army were usually addressed as First Sergeant, Sergeant Major, Colonel or General. The good ones were very much needed, the bad ones not so much.

Top Bottom