Insurance for iPhone

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    To my knowledge, neither AT&T nor Apple offer insurance for the iPhone. Unfortunately, someone pilfered my wife's iPhone last week. That prompted me to look harder, and I discovered that you can get insurance on the iPhone for a reasonable price through your homeowner's insurance.

I deal with State Farm, so I can't speak for other carriers, but I would think it would be similar through most major carriers.

You need to have a Personal Articles Policy, such as for listing jewelry, guns, fine silver, antiques, etc. If you do, you can add the iPhone and pay a specific premium for replacement coverage with no deductible. With State Farm, for $400 replacement cost coverage it will cost $28 per year.

The coverage is for loss or theft, not for warranty issues. Understand this.

If you aren't familiar with a Personal Articles Policy, it is an add-on to your homeowners, which allows you to list certain classes of personal items and pay a specific premium based on the value. Loss or theft is then covered with no deductible. Different items are billed at different rates, and State Farm charges $7 per $100 of value for cell phones. Thus $28 per year for a $400 iPhone.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    yep, just spoke to ATT to verify. go to app store, search for "mobileprotect", will be by Asurion, same carrier they use for insurance on other phones, $13.99/month, $199 for new 3gs

covers loss, theft, damage, etc....

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    yep, just spoke to ATT to verify. go to app store, search for "mobileprotect", will be by Asurion, same carrier they use for insurance on other phones, $13.99/month, $199 for new 3gs

covers loss, theft, damage, etc....

Sounds like sodomy without the benefit of lubrication :eek3:

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    hmmm.....$28/year or $14/month.......pretty easy choice there.

I was not aware that they came out with it, but $28/year is much better, and no deductible or co-pay.

Only potential downside is that it's not a warranty, so if it breaks, make sure you lose it. (I did not say that)

Top Bottom