Invasion of personal privacy continues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Are we finally going to see a wave of open - perhaps even violent - protests against this privacy-invading technology?
    http://mashable.com/2014/04/13/google-glass-wearer-attacked/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Personally, I'd like to believe that I would not tolerate being monitored like this by anyone. I also hope that there will be someone who's going to come up with countermeasures of some sorts eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Do you know what it does? Imagine a device that constantly records video, monitors everything, and stores data indefinitely in vast data centers. Nothing evades it, especially -- not just a select few testers -- when an entire nation goes crazy wanting to buy and use this new gadget.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Do you know what it does? Imagine a device that constantly records video, monitors everything, and stores data indefinitely in vast data centers. Nothing evades it, especially -- not just a select few testers -- when an entire nation goes crazy wanting to buy and use this new gadget.

Yes I know what it does. If anyone's privacy is invaded by it, it's the dumbass stupid enough to wear one. If Google wants to dig through a bajillion hours of video from millions users to find a shot of me picking my nose at a stop light, oh well.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    So as long as you or someone else is not doing anything illegal it's ok to watch them, right? Why should we care? Pattern recognition, face recognition, sound recording, geolocation,and a million of other applications... Certainly none of it can ever be abused. I guess we all just love of wonderful government and trust them to always do the right thing. It's not like they don't know everything about us already. So why bother. What a silly little thing to worry about.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    So as long as you or someone else is not doing anything illegal it's ok to watch them, right? Why should we care? Pattern recognition, face recognition, sound recording, geolocation,and a million of other applications... Certainly none of it can ever be abused. I guess we all just love of wonderful government and trust them to always do the right thing. It's not like they don't know everything about us already. So why bother. What a silly little thing to worry about.

I get it, but in this case who are you gonna protest? Citizens who want a cool gadget? Google for selling a cool gadget to citizens? Where do you draw the line? Smart phones could be accused of most of the same stuff. I doubt you or anyone in your family has one of those though right?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

I wouldn't worry about it. After all, with a screen name like Molon Labe, no one is going to tread on you...

JR1572

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    You bet! :)

As I'm writing this from a concrete bunker, completely off the grid, through a chain of proxies.... :)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

:mamoru:

Seriously though if you truly value privacy, I would get off the interweb. Especially forums. Especially with a username and post content that would have probably already gotten you into more than one database if anyone cared.

But guess what. No one does. I think people that think the government cares enough about them to watch them have delusions of grandeur. I mean unless you really are a threat. Not an iThreat, a real threat. Then yeah, they're probably watching you through your iPad camera as we speak.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Sadly, a lot of the above said is true and there's almost no privacy out there any more for any of us. It is easy and entertaining to remain indifferent and to make fun of the issues... to pretend nothing is happening. Ever heard of boiling a frog?

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    My privacy is always invaded. The damn nosy neighbors are always outside trying to scope out what I'm doing. Can't a man just sit on his porch naked and enjoy the breeze and a cold beer?! Not to mention the fact that the damn phone always rings when the wife and I are trying to get intimate..... Don't these people realize that my "performance enhancers" have a time limit?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sadly, a lot of the above said is true and there's almost no privacy out there any more for any of us. It is easy and entertaining to remain indifferent and to make fun of the issues... to pretend nothing is happening. Ever heard of boiling a frog?

As opposed to what you're doing to stop it which is posting a link to a story about a nerd that got Glass jacked? Great work sir! My privacy feels more private already!

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Huh? How about just a general discussion of the subject without trying to sound too high class to be heard talking about it? Pfft...

Over and out...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom