Invasion of personal privacy continues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Proximo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Northshore
    Are we finally going to see a wave of open - perhaps even violent - protests against this privacy-invading technology?
    http://mashable.com/2014/04/13/google-glass-wearer-attacked/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Personally, I'd like to believe that I would not tolerate being monitored like this by anyone. I also hope that there will be someone who's going to come up with countermeasures of some sorts eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your privacy isn't being infringed upon if you're in public, although the wearer's personal property and person are being infringed upon. Wee bit ironic.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Sadly, a lot of the above said is true and there's almost no privacy out there any more for any of us. It is easy and entertaining to remain indifferent and to make fun of the issues... to pretend nothing is happening. Ever heard of boiling a frog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But not as satisfying as being a freedom fighter on the couch. If you plan on not tolerating being monitored I suggest you stay inside. You may find that outside of San Francisco people get a little more upset about others assaulting them and breaking $1500 worth of their ****.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    What a presumptuous statement from someone who knows jacksh€^t about me personally and how I'm involved in such matters. I did not advocate for any of such things, nor do I recommend that anyone engages in such criminal activities. Seems though, aside from entertainment purposes, this thread does not support any remotely intelligent discussion on the subject and is a magnet for trolls. The show is over. Carry on.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    There is no personal privacy. Its over with. Just like George Orwell's 1984...if we are not being monitored 24/7....within 10 years...we will be. Theres plenty of technology already which is like what was seen on Minority Report in shopping centers....Targeting shoppers through facial recognition.

Google glass is nothing worse than whats already out there. We already have a few companies retrofitting street lamps with "LED high efficiency" street lamps which have cameras and microphones. Homeland Security is paying for many of these with grants to cities. In fact...I think they already installed some of them at the La Superdome. And FWIW...this is only the crap we know about. Lord only knows what else is out there.

http://www.ledinside.com/news/2013/...d_street_lights_with_voice_recording_features

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Tim9lives: agreed. 100%.

Aside from the technologies we may not know about, you'll be surprised how much is available to anyone at your public library at no cost to you. Take a look at ReferenceUSA. Most public libraries subscribe to this resource. It aggregates information from several data mining companies. It knows where you live, it know your income, knows your interests, the market value of your house, etc. That's just a basic tool available to the public. If you dig deeper and talk to the people inthe banking industry or law enforcement... What can be learned about anyone in just two clicks of the mouse is astounding.

You are right. Anyone who thinks that it is possible to guard/protect their private information from prying eyes is mistaken. Just your browsing habits alone will tell anyone interested quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    What a presumptuous statement from someone who knows jacksh€^t about me personally and how I'm involved in such matters. I did not advocate for any of such things, nor do I recommend that anyone engages in such criminal activities. Seems though, aside from entertainment purposes, this thread does not support any remotely intelligent discussion on the subject and is a magnet for trolls. The show is over. Carry on.

Go reread your original post again. Sounds an awful lot like you are applauding and cheerleading what happened in the linked article.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I haven't presumed anything about you buddy. I have google glass... I.... See.... ALL!

Personally, I'd like to believe that I would not tolerate being monitored like this by anyone

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Damn it, Jack! I bet someone on here that this thread wouldn't go **** up until at least post 30! Of course, he had the under!

Man, I gotta stop getting roped in to this faith in my fellow man ****! :D

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Did I explicitly state that I would grab them off someone's face or advocate someone doing it?

Did I say you did? That's right, I didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it, Jack! I bet someone on here that this thread wouldn't go **** up until at least post 30! Of course, he had the under!

Well send me a PM next time dumbass!

:mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What a coincidence!

[video]http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3472267695001/google-glass-on-sale-for-one-day-only/[/video]

Can they just turn us into robots and get it over with?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    i know im a tech nerd, but i think all of this is pretty awesome.

if it bothers you, invest some time and energy into how to protect yourself from being identified.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

i know im a tech nerd,.

...soooo

HbuQAkd.png

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom