iPhone 5 battery free replacement program

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So I recently starting having serious issues with the battery life on my iPhone 5....It would completely power down with more than 30% still showing on the battery life. Would NOT hold a charge more than 2-3 hours, at best- with little use. I would go to bed with a full charge- and wake up the next morning with 50% showing.:confused:

It turns out, there was a recall on the batteries in certain phones sold between September 2012 and January 2013. Yep, that's me. Seems like Apple didn't exactly make a huge effort to get the word out....:rolleyes:

Anyway, if you have been experiencing these issues with your iPhone 5, here is a link below to help you see if you are eligible for a free replacement battery. If you're one of the "lucky few" (and three other people I know "just so happened" to be in this "rare minority", too ;)) it will also let you make an appointment to get it replaced. May as well, right? :)

Here ya go:

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yep. I got my dad's old iPhone 5 when he upgraded to the 5s. Got me a new iPhone a few weeks ago when this issue was discovered. Little broski went and did the same thing as well.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yep. I got my dad's old iPhone 5 when he upgraded to the 5s. Got me a new iPhone a few weeks ago when this issue was discovered. Little broski went and did the same thing as well.

Yup. I'll be getting a 6, before long. My 5 has already been claimed, so I'm just saving them the trouble of having to do it, as well. :dogkeke:

Top Bottom