IRS Telephone Scam Alert !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    THEY'RE BACK !
    Several months ( maybe 6 to 8 months ) ago the IRS telephone scammers called our office and had my business partner believing we were all going to go to jail if we didn't pay money with a wire transfer or pre loaded credit card. But we soon realized it was a bogus scam. While he talked to them , I called Sheriff's Dept. and they verified it was a scam. Thought those guys had scammed who they could and left.
    Today, I get home and see 5 or 6 messages left on my home phone number. I figure it's Campaigning prior to election tomorrow......Wrong , 5 calls, exact same recording , IRS...you must call 858 201-0560 now!
    So they are still doing it....wish the law could do them in. Feel like calling the number and giving them the run around. If I could speak Cajun French I would have a field day with those low life's.

Any way I'm sure you all know the IRS doesn't operate like that. But tell your relatives , older folks tend to fall these scams. And they are still working the Baton Rouge area.

Gary

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    THEY'RE BACK !
    Several months ( maybe 6 to 8 months ) ago the IRS telephone scammers called our office and had my business partner believing we were all going to go to jail if we didn't pay money with a wire transfer or pre loaded credit card. But we soon realized it was a bogus scam. While he talked to them , I called Sheriff's Dept. and they verified it was a scam. Thought those guys had scammed who they could and left.
    Today, I get home and see 5 or 6 messages left on my home phone number. I figure it's Campaigning prior to election tomorrow......Wrong , 5 calls, exact same recording , IRS...you must call 858 201-0560 now!
    So they are still doing it....wish the law could do them in. Feel like calling the number and giving them the run around. If I could speak Cajun French I would have a field day with those low life's.

Any way I'm sure you all know the IRS doesn't operate like that. But tell your relatives , older folks tend to fall these scams. And they are still working the Baton Rouge area.

Gary

Lately these sort of scams are getting bad. I've gotten hang up calls from forgien countries. They want you to call back so they cqn charge your phone number.

The worst for me lately are the spoofed numbers that want to install a free alarm service in my house. Its crazy the same robo-dialing machine calles from South Florida, North Mississippi, Central Mississippi, Central California, and South California. I've filed nurmorus complaints but nothing seems to stop them.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Whenever I see an area code like that in my phone I like to answer: "St Bernard Burial Buffet, are you calling to arrange a burial, wake, buffet, or all three?" The East Indian scam artists get mad when I let them know that we serve prime rib. I offer to let them eat the grandmother(reincarnated cow) while they say goodbye to mother.

Top Bottom