Is America the greatest country?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    but I know that blindly saying yes when you've never left Louisiana isn't a sign of intelligence.

Nah, I don't think so. There's only ONE Louisiana dude ;)

You don't have to go to Iraq to know it's a shitty place.
    You can play this game with most all countries.

I know plenty of folks who have never left the South. They LOVE the way they live here and now and they do NOT want that to change. From working to hunting and fishing to Firearm Sports etc.

Again I say, there's only ONE Louisiana!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

I know plenty of folks who have never left the South. They LOVE the way they live here and now and they do NOT want that to change. From working to hunting and fishing to Firearm Sports etc.

Yes indeed. Think of all the things we love that are right here- and ONLY here.

I'm stayin'. :thumbsup:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

And if you asked me if America was better than Iraq, I'd have no problem answering. If you asked me the same question about switzerland, I'd be hard pressed to answer. I don't think switzerland is a **** hole, so it is hard to write it off without knowing.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Without the guns Dave! That ain't close ....

And deadly aggressive spiders that will try to run your ass down. :rofl:

I kind of like just having to look out for moccasins, copperheads, and the occasional rattler, too when I'm hitting the woods.....

And on top of ALL THAT, there's people like "this guy":

:mamoru: Yeah, I know what he meant....Beautiful country. Damn fine women. But we do pretty well here, too. :)

hoyasaxa10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Yes... Without question..

Is she under attack? Yes! Is there an effort to destroy her? Absolutely! Are their forces in power that would love to reduce her to an impoverished third world country? No question about it?

Is this the greatest country the world has ever known? In my opinion, yes..

We feed more of the worlds hungry than anyone..

We protect the weak, we promote democracy, we promote freedom, we share our abundance with the world...

Yea, I'm pro America

This. The world, no offense, revolves around America. Depending on how our economy does, so goes the WORLD.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I have been to 27 countries (more foreign countries than states, honestly) on six continents. These include most of Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, (first world countries). Also developing countries in South America (Trinidad, Venezuela, etc). Finally I've been to some real **** holes in Africa (Cape Verdi, Southern Tunisia) and West Asia (Southern Turkey).
    Before I turned 14 I had 12,000Nmi logged sailing between these places, and I got a very unique perspective of being a kid wandering through bazaars and making friends with local kids (most of which didn't share a language with me). I went to their homes and played with their toys (sticks or 80's stuff or whatever) or ate a meal with their family etc.
    I watched my dad barter with local port masters to get our visa's approved, or have to "bribe" local officials in some parts of the world to release repair parts shipped to us (just a cost of doing business in some parts of the world).

I've been all over. In my opinion, I'd rank the top 5 I've been to in this order:
    America
    Australia
    New Zealand
    Gibraltar
    England

Notice these are all English speaking countries that share a common ancestry. I've always wanted to go to Sweden and Finland

ETA: I'll be the first to admit the world was a different place in the early 90's than it is today. If anything the divide between America and the other countries has only gotten bigger.

As for states, I know I live here in LA, but Texas will always be my favorite. Love that place.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom