Is it worth stocking up on highcap mags?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    How long do y'all think it will be, Lord forbid, it'll take for there to either be another national ban or perhaps even a state ban on "high capacity" magazines? Personally I don't see anything in the state coming to fruition, but I wouldn't put it past the liberals in congress.

Right now stuff would be considered a bargain compared to what prices will be like if another ban goes into effect. You can always sell them for about what you paid if you shop around, and if new ones were banned then you could sell them for a lot more than that :)

Perhaps that's just being paranoid, but I like the idea of hedging these things.

bloencustoms

Individual Right
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2007
    Jefferson
    Well, if the new McCarthy ban goes into effect, you wouldn't be able to transfer those magazines anyway. At least that's what I got out of reading the bill.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    How far should the paranoia extend? I'm contemplating buying some mags for guns I don't even own (yet). -sigh- :)

FAL mags and HK G3 mags are dirt cheap at the moment ($2 - $5) so I have purchased a few of each even though I don't own a firearm that uses them. Also, CDNN has cheap HK pistol mags ($10 for the 10rnd mags from the Klinton ban) and I bought a few in anticipation of getting a P2000 in the future.

Toby

bah
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2007
    CocoDrie Ferry
    Over the past few months I've contemplated the future, what may come, and what may not. If things DO turn out as some predict, and bans are enacted...yes, mags, guns, ammo will all become not only harder to find, but more expensive to boot. As it stands now those things will most certainly become more expensive due to the higher demand.

I'd say yes...buy now, worry about the rest later.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Today I purchased 5 25 round AR-10 mags as they are having a sale at Armalite I don't even own an AR. The plan is to buy an AR-10 with the tax return or open a Bud's card. Either way I am planning on owning an AR-10 before my next kid is born which is due in July.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    FAL mags and HK G3 mags are dirt cheap

Yeah, but I only own 2 FALs and have about 40 mags for them:D

Next, I want more AR-15 magazines. I am really considering ordering 100 soon!

ETA: I try to have a minimum of 10 magazines per weapon.... Crap, I've got some catching up to do!

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I just ordered 6 for my XD, those 3 pack kits, but they are back-ordered on the sight where I ordered them, Botech...bleh, they say they'll be restocked by the end of the month. I hope so!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    AR mags

AR mags:

I have some Bravo Company & they are Okay. Around 10 or 11 bucks each shipped in quantity of 10. Not as good a follower as the other 2 - may be totally adequate though & they work in my rifle.

I prefer the C-Products. - $$ for $$ they are about the best value.

I also have a P-Mag & it is nice. They cost more & are heavier. Not sure on long term reliability. Yes I've seen the truck roll over it videos, more concerned about feed lips wearing. 2 neat aspects are they dissamble easily & color goes all the way through. 3 colors available

Later,
    RDO

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Hey! Nice to see this thread bumped up again. :)

Personally I have decided to stock up on Glock 9mm magazines mainly because a G17 or G18 mag will plug into any 9mm Glock, they're among the largest capacity pistol magazines, and that they're relatively cheap to begin with. Of course this is in addition to surplus AK mags which are still dirt cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom