ISO: Culvert installation, Hammond area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Hi, I'm looking to fill in a ditch between me and a neighbor. Anyone know where I can get 24" dia. plastic culverts in or around Hammond area. I need to run 250' long.

Thanks

Last edited:

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Tycer Ready Mix and Southern Pipe have culverts in Hammond. Also try Circle A Hardware in Albany. Not sure of what types they have.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Not familiar with Hammond, but check your local hardware store, feed store and co-op. I have bought culverts from all of the above.
    You do realize what kind of cost you are looking at for these don't you, they aren't exactly cheap and you are wanting a dozen sticks at several hundred each.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Not familiar with Hammond, but check your local hardware store, feed store and co-op. I have bought culverts from all of the above.
    You do realize what kind of cost you are looking at for these don't you, they aren't exactly cheap and you are wanting a dozen sticks at several hundred each.

That's why im asking around. Trying to shop for best price. So far im looking at $440ea. Plus dirt. The parish will do labor for free. Might have to scrap the idea, kinda expensive

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's why im asking around. Trying to shop for best price. So far im looking at $440ea. Plus dirt. The parish will do labor for free. Might have to scrap the idea, kinda expensive

If you don't mind me asking, is it necessary to fill the ditch? Is it a drainage issue or are yall just tired of cutting the ditch? I'm just asking, because it is a lot cheaper to have the ditch/trench re-dug and sloped correctly, than it is to spend all that money on plastic culvert. I'm also curious why you are looking at 24" culvert. 8-10" culvert is plenty if it's just for rain water drainage.

That sounds like about the right price to me for 20' sticks

With the dirt, he's easily looking at $6k :eek3:
    Then again, 250ft of culvert is a lot for a residential area.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I bought my culverts from the Parish themselves, they were cheaper than anyone else. They buy them once a year on a large contract and sell them to the homeowners at a slight markup. You just have to provide the dirt. The manager told me that this was primarily done because not all culverts a built the same, so they can control what is being put in.

RockingORanch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Talk to your Parish, West Baton Rouge will get culverts and you pay for them, they will install for free you have to supply dirt to cover can save you some of the money required

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    The ditch takes a heavy load when it rains and a large portion of the phase I live in drains thru this ditch. I called the parish and the drainage dept came out and gave minimum requirements. I was told that I had to supply the dirt and the culverts and they would put them in.

Putting in culverts is just for aesthetic reasons

Top Bottom