Israel gun ownership

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Interesting piece on Fox TV just now with interview with a gunshop owner in Israel. He is suddenly slammed with customers since the terrorist attacks. In a country of 10 million, only about 150k have permit to have a gun. Takes interviews with police, training, etc - long process. They have sped up this process a lot now. Shop guy is selling handguns and long guns as fast as he can get them. He has a range, which is busy around the clock with people practicing. Everyone wants to be ready if another attack occurs. One lady said her son shot a terrorist dead as he was kicking down their front door.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Years ago I watched some news show were they showed that all able bodied men had to serve in the military. They also showed women serving. The reservist brought their military issued firearms on the bus & home with them. That was normal. I thought with all that military training, personnel firearms would be everywhere. I guess not. Only highly regulated ownership & 50 round limits are allowed. And we now see the result of “the government will protect you.”
    I thought the Jews would have learned in the 30s & 40s not to give up their guns.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Interesting piece on Fox TV just now with interview with a gunshop owner in Israel. He is suddenly slammed with customers since the terrorist attacks. In a country of 10 million, only about 150k have permit to have a gun. Takes interviews with police, training, etc - long process. They have sped up this process a lot now. Shop guy is selling handguns and long guns as fast as he can get them. He has a range, which is busy around the clock with people practicing. Everyone wants to be ready if another attack occurs. One lady said her son shot a terrorist dead as he was kicking down their front door.
    There was a time (1950s) when every Kibbutz had security team training for the residents and arms & ammo on site.

Given Israel is surrounded on all sides by Muslim populations, I’m surprised armed response by Kibbutz dwellers seem to have disappeared. The fact it is apparently long and tedious to legally acquire firearms & ammo is also very odd in my eyes. I can think of no other nation better suited to emulate the Swiss model of reserves.

That lack of easy access to Self defense may sort of explain why there always seems to be some political tumult on the boil in Israel. Perhaps their PMs have all been a tad power hungry.

Sodoodle

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Baton Rouge Louisiana
    Apparently, Kibbutz's still do have security teams, but the arms are locked away. Please read what the 26 year old woman who was head of security in Kibbutz Nir Am did. She has been hailed as a hero for saving her kibbutz:

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    From Ammoland

“The IDF took our rifles recently, they left us with just a few. We repelled a Hamas commando terror cell with just pistols,” one said.
    Who gave that order? Obama?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It’s crazy to think that gun laws even exist and how rampant they are across the world. It blows my mind reading and seeing how some people view firearms and the right to bear arms.

Top Bottom