Issue with my new CZ 75 BD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    I recently purchased a CZ 75 BD 9mm from Bud's Gun Shop. It came with two magazines, a hard case, cleaning rod, and a brush. Overall I am pleased with the purchase, however there is one issue. The pistol has these phosphorescent sights, not night sights, that sort of glow in the dark. They're difficult to pick up on and I would have preferred some standard white dot contrast sights. Further, the front sight dot seems to be applied to the front sight post as a raised bump. This isn't a problem, but it looks to be warped and shoddily applied. It's difficult to describe, but I expect better quality in a new pistol. The sights being addressed, I cannot overstate how well this pistol feels in my hand. It's just a solid handgun. The double action is a little heavy, but still smooth. Everything else about the gun, fit and finish, etc. is excellent. I've contacted CZ about the sights, but have yet to hear back.

Last edited:

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Any suggestions for a good set of replacement sights if CZ doesn't come through? I'm don't really have a need for night sights, but maybe a set of FOs or if they make contrast sights that are an improvement.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Any suggestions for a good set of replacement sights if CZ doesn't come through? I'm don't really have a need for night sights, but maybe a set of FOs or if they make contrast sights that are an improvement.

CZ custom competition sights. Black rear fiber front. Unless you plan to carry it IWB. Then eff that, it will chew your side up.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    What are your plans with the gun? competition or carry? Competition I would say make it as you like it, for speed, or even get a optic, but for carry KISS (Keep it simple stupid), don't mess with it, holsters wont fit as nice with different sights, POI difference from different height sights... I have zero issues with my sights, if anything take some with paint on the dots... but we need pics bud, this thread is worthless with them... do the sights look familiar?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Cz custom shop can make that trigger nice and buttery smooth. I love my shadow target. Hands down my favorite handgun in my collection. The cz target sights are very nice. Now they make a rear sight that requires no milling of the slide...it drops right into the dovetail! Send it to them and get her done up.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Thanks for the info. As an update, I contacted CZ and they're going to fix the issue with the front sight. They're even paying for shipping both ways. Turned out to be real class acts. I'll definitely look into the custom shop. I have no intent to use the pistol for competition or carry. I just enjoy nice firearms. My sights are a little better than those you posted sportsbud, but not much better. Pics to follow.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Pics

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg
    I know it's not that big a deal, but new means new and I expect quality from CZ.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    My p01 is my go too, is been carried for 2 years, and hangs out in my truck with me, sits under the steering console, with one in the chamber, and extra mags when I go to the Southshore.

torogi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    San Jose
    I too had to change the sights on my CZ 75B SA. I changed it to Dawson precision front sights. Although CZ customs has a variety of black or Fiber optic front sights. Sights are easy to replace too. A punch and hammer is all you need.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    It's been mentioned but the CZ customs sights are awesome. I ended up having to take it to a smith to install since the factory rears were mounted very, very tightly to the frame and I couldn't knock them loose in my little clamp on vice. You can get spare fibers for them pretty easily, I picked up This set from Truglo and it's more fiber optic than I'm ever going to need. CZ Custom should have fiber optic rod available that you can add to your order too.

Also get yourself a set of the cocobolo grips from CZ custom while you're at it.

Top Bottom