I've been scammed..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    My wife found someone on craigslist to trade a Galaxy s5 for her iPhone 5c plus cash. Instead of waiting for me to get off, she meets the person at mcdonalds and he shows her the phone does work and what not. I get the phone, but my sim in, and I can call/text, but no internet at all. I go to AT&T see if I have the wrong data plan, and after the worker played with it for 10 min, she tells me it's a knockoff, not a real galaxy s5... It is a good knockoff, I must say. So now I'm stuck using an old spare iPhone 4 that is slow as molasses. She said the guy was foreign (Arab). Watch who you deal with on Craigslist, or at least research what you are getting first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    And this why Im so iffy about CL or even posting sales in the marletplace. I hope it works out for you one way or another.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I hope to God that no one here would ever try to pass off any type os cloned crap. So far Ive have nothing but good experiances with trades and sales here.

Look on my feedback.
    The one negative is the guy who, when I showed up to buy silver coins wanted MORE for 'silver bars' which were lead.

when I called him on it online he posted (and guys with more net knowledge than me pointed out) pix of DIFFERENT bars.
    only bad experience I've had in all my years here.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    And this why Im so iffy about CL or even posting sales in the marletplace. I hope it works out for you one way or another.

Unless I'm selling an item or am pretty knowledgeable about what I'm buying, I don't buy anything from people without feedback.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Look on my feedback.
    The one negative is the guy who, when I showed up to buy silver coins wanted MORE for 'silver bars' which were lead.

when I called him on it online he posted (and guys with more net knowledge than me pointed out) pix of DIFFERENT bars.

Wait, I thought he just upped the price on you. I didn't know he was trying to sell you lead and claiming it was silver.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Look on my feedback.

Yeah...you should have totally PM'd an admin about that. Speaking of, PM me the details please.

Unless I'm selling an item or am pretty knowledgeable about what I'm buying, I don't buy anything from people without feedback.
    Exactly. I only buy stuff on here from people with decent feedback, or people who seem to have a decent history here. My theory is that if you have more than 2000 posts and seem pretty knowledgable, you probably aren't at the point in your life where you are going to try to screw someone on here over. That being said, I am still not very trusting of people and inspect items very carefully. I have never had a problem with any of my transactions on BS though. Ebay is awesome too. I sold a guy an item once and he sent me a private message on there saying he knows that shipping was listed at $15, but he wants to send me an extra $20 to my paypal account so I can ensure the item is very securely packed so it doesn't break in transit. Sure enough, he sent me extra money through paypal and we had no problems.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would never let my wife meet someone in person from Craigslist or any other Internet site to do a deal. Never!

Seriously. I have only met two people from BS by myself when I was selling items. Emperor and some other dude who doesn't post here any more. Anytime else I always go with a buddy. Ya never know when you are gonna meet some crazy lunatic dude...like Vermiform! :mamoru:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom