Jesse Abbott now shooting for Taurus...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    The only thing that makes one wonder would be is this:

"My livelihood depends on the performance of this gun and I'm anxious to start my new relationship with Taurus. I look forward to promoting them, as well as shooting sports to new shooters

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The only thing that makes one wonder would be is this:

"My livelihood depends on the performance of this gun and I'm anxious to start my new relationship with Taurus. I look forward to promoting them, as well as shooting sports to new shooters

Looks like she's as good as broke, then. :mamoru:

Hope they're paying Matt Duff well...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know it's sad, chauvinistic, and completely superficial, but more women involved in shooting that looked like her could really help the cause to get more people involved in the shooting sports in general.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I know it's sad, chauvinistic, and completely superficial, but more women involved in shooting that looked like her could really help the cause to get more people involved in the shooting sports in general.

Maybe.

A national TV commercial would do more, or shows on major networks at times of day that actually reach a lot of people.

I have yet to show a video to someone who asked about our sport who did not instantly want to see more. Anti-gun people aside, of course...

The hard part is convincing people to get over their ego and come out to try it. It's not hard to understand why most that sack up and give it a shot stick with it for a while-- they are interested enough before even trying to love it, or they're not worried about not winning right away because they know they will be eventually.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe.

A national TV commercial would do more, or shows on major networks at times of day that actually reach a lot of people.

I have yet to show a video to someone who asked about our sport who did not instantly want to see more. Anti-gun people aside, of course...

The hard part is convincing people to get over their ego and come out to try it. It's not hard to understand why most that sack up and give it a shot stick with it for a while-- they are interested enough before even trying to love it, or they're not worried about not winning right away because they know they will be eventually.

I doubt I will beating any of you f**kers anytime in the near future! :mamoru: But, you are right! It REALLY is a kick in the ass!

I would surmise, many just don't know where to see it, where to go, who to talk to, and how easy it is to get involved; as the biggest hindrance to a larger participating following.

This stuff ain't exactly cheap either.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Who the heck is "Duff"......I thought she was single :confused:

Matt Duff, her co-host on "Friends of the NRA" or whatever. She wasted no time, IOW...

I, uh... *guess* he was a pitcher in the Majors. Although across an 8 year career, he saw 5.2 innings, gave up 3 runs, and had something like a 4.75 ERA and nearly a full 2 WHIP. He lasted a whole month, IOW-- nearly 3x as many walks as SOs. I think he was passed around a bunch of teams, but he only hit the mound for the Cardinals in the early 2000's. He's from Mississippi I believe, and while not nearly as old as her past (cheating) hubby, is still nearly 15 years her senior.

Suffice it to say, he didn't have any diamond studded contracts back then. I think he may charter hunting/fishing/both trips or some such these days? Dunno, I don't keep up with that as much as I used to keep up with baseball.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    As a Glock guy I hate to see her go. And the whole thing was over the fact that Glock would not let her put a secondary sponsor's logo on her competition jersey

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    As a Glock guy I hate to see her go. And the whole thing was over the fact that Glock would not let her put a secondary sponsor's logo on her competition jersey

I dunno about that. Her ex- hubby was the epicenter of the whole Glock shooting team fiasco. Not to re-hash that again, but I am glad she distanced herself from all of that crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom