Jimmy Buffet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Singer Jimmy Buffett is just another mad Gulf Coast native when it comes to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, but with an exception: He's got millions of fans and a way to help lift spirits over the seemingly endless crisis.

Buffett and his Coral Reefer Band will play Sunday on the beach in Gulf Shores, Ala., which has been sporadically hit by oil for weeks. The show already has been postponed once because of Hurricane Alex, and Buffet is hoping bad weather lurking in the Gulf doesn't create problems this weekend.

Known for laid-back tunes like "Margaritaville" and "Cheeseburger in Paradise," Buffett told The Associated Press in an interview Tuesday that it's perfectly normal for people to be mad when they see oil washing up on beaches and marshes.

"If you're born and raised on the Gulf Coast and it's kind of in you, and you don't feel anger and rage initially over what's going on down there, I think you're a hypocrite," he said in a telephone interview from New York. "That's the way I felt. Now, what you do with that is a big question."
    Buffett said a beachfront concert seemed like the right thing to do after talking to people on the coast.

"People were going, `What are you going to do about things?' I mean, hell, I can't stick my finger in that hole. Everybody wishes they could," said Buffett.

"But there's a huge amount of frustration and probably it will boil over in summertime anger, and I know what I've done for years is entertain. What I'm best at is two hours of escapism for people that have to go back and either live jobs that they don't like or whatever," he said. "It's that Mardi Gras mentality."

Born in Mississippi and raised in Alabama, Buffett has lived all over the Gulf Coast. He said memories of the region are laced through his music.

"I have pretty much surrounded myself with Gulf Coast influences for a long time, and ... if you listen to those songs, I think it's pretty much in there," said Buffett, 63.

Buffett, a supporter of President Barack Obama, said the roots of the spill lie with the administration of former President George Bush, which was often criticized for being too cozy with the petroleum industry.

"To me it was more about eight years of bad policy before (Obama) got there that let this happen. It was Dracula running the blood bank in terms of oil and leases," he said. "I think that has more to do with it than how the president reacted to it."

The beach concert on Sunday will also feature Jesse Winchester and Allen Toussaint, who also were in the original lineup. Country singers Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown had to drop out because of prior commitments. Buffett said he is still making phone calls trying to add additional acts for Sunday, but he's not sure of the final roster.

I cannot believe he is blaming Bush for the oil spill. Here is the article.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...fet-organizes-gulf-benefit-blames-bush-spill/

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So basically, he's blaming Bush.....

Is he a true believing liberal, or burned out, or both?

Shwane

Motivator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Youngsville, LA
    Buffett, a supporter of President Barack Obama, said the roots of the spill lie with the administration of former President George Bush, which was often criticized for being too cozy with the petroleum industry.

I'm speechless.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Entertainers shouldn't have political opinions. The exceptions are Chuck Norris, Ted Nugent, and Jon Voight.

I can't even begin to tell you just how f$%&ed up that statement is. I'm glad that you are not the measure by which we determine who gets to practice free speech.

Why do you hate the Bill of Rights?:(

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I think he is a great Singer. I have many of his albums. He is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. Doesnt make him a bad entertainer.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    I'm sorry he said that, maybe he and a bunch of others need to look back at the one between the 2 Bush's. People so often forget about how bad he screwed things up. I like the Bush's way better than those 2 (demwits) dems.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    In spite of making some very good music, Jimmy Buffett's always been a raging libtard. His latest rantings reinforce it very clearly. He also has a long history of drug and alcohol use, and appears to be an obnoxious a$$hole in real life. He was ejected from an NBA game in 2001 after screaming obscenities at a referee while seated next to a mother and young boy. Buffett strikes me as a spoiled, arrogant elitist, in stark contrast to the "good ole boy" image he tries to convey through his music. I like many of his songs, but can't stand the jackass himself.

It's a shame that so many entertainers are like this. We just have to separate the entertainment from the real person, as they are all too often completely opposite. I still find it hard to fathom that none other than Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) is a radical liberal too. Ford personally delivered convicted child rapist Roman Polanski the Oscar which Polanski won while he was a fugitive from justice overseas.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    After reading your other posts, yes. And I think you're just trying to not look like a moron now by calling me an idiot.

Deflection > Mitigation, etc.

Entertainers shouldn't have political opinions. The exceptions are Chuck Norris, Ted Nugent, and Jon Voight.

Where in there did I say they need to be silenced by the gov't?

What other posts?

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Where in there did I say they need to be silenced by the gov't?

What other posts?

Where in there did I say that you said they needed to be silenced by the goverment?

As for other posts...you've got almost 4,000 of them, almost any one of which would lead someone to infer that you have extreme opinions on just about every subject. You are either a constant, consistent troll or someone who actually has those extreme opinions.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I love the idea of famous libs showing their hand.

Lots of times it helps me decide who I spend my money with.:bigok:

Yeah, I've known the fact that Buffett's a lib for a long time. I recall in the '92 Presidential campaign (he backed Clinton/Gore, of course), he was performing at a Bubba fundraiser and sang the following verse to "Margaritaville":
    "....some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I know....it's all Bush & Reagan's fault...."

When the libs get their d**ks knocked in the dirt next election, I expect to hear about ole Jimmy ending up in rehab.... :)

Top Bottom