Jury duty next week

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Baton Rouge - District Court . Eh , I don't really mind . My employer pays me anyway , so I don't lose any money . The summons says 300 North Blvd . All of that is under construction , so I'll have to hunt for the right place .

bozakz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pine Grove, LA
    I had District court duty last week but was on vacation. I called and told them I was gonna be out of town that week and they pushed it back until the middle of Aug. I'm kinda looking forward to it, don't know why.

cookiemonster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Vidalia, La
    If it's for criminal court it could be interesting. If it's civil court you may be bored out of your mind. I spent four days on a civil suit and it was everything I could do just to stay awake.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It was criminal court . Murder case , but I didn't get picked . Have to go back tomorrow and see what they have for me .
    Steve , they don't put you in the library anymore . Too many logistical problems . The new jury area has a quiet room with WiFi , and they play a movie on some bigass screens to pass the time . Nice digs .

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    On topic... No defense, I screwed the pooch sideways here, my fault. I *had* jury duty a couple weeks ago. I flubbed and completely forgot. So I get to call the DA's office this morning to verify I didn't get a grumpy judge and a bench warrant.

Fun. /not. Fingerprints were not on my daily list of plans.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Well , this morning we watched a creepy movie . " Insidious " . Around 1:30 they kicked most of us loose . I'm good for another two years . Oh , and they paid me a whopping $36.65 . ;)

Top Bottom