Just a rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    One thing that really pisses me off at work, is when I run across individuals (on traffic stops) who carry loaded weapons (chambered) not in holsters just sitting loose under the front seat or rear floorboard with all the other crap that is down there. Do these people not realize just how dangerous this is? Just had to say it "aloud". Rant over. Feel free to comment/troll. Lol

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If I ever carry a loaded gun under the seat it is loaded but NOT chambered. But even that is rare.

Last edited:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    One thing that really pisses me off at work, is when I run across individuals (on traffic stops) who carry loaded weapons (chambered) not in holsters just sitting loose under the front seat or rear floorboard with all the other crap that is down there. Do these people not realize just how dangerous this is? Just had to say it "aloud". Rant over. Feel free to comment/troll. Lol

See there you go, oppressing the 2nd Amendment.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Regardless of dangerous or not, it's stupid. If your **** is just flying around on the floor-board, why bother even chambering a round? It's not like you will be able to find it and get it into action very quickly, anyway.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm all 100% for the legal owning and possession/carrying of a firearm. Unless it is a danger to the innocents around said weapon carrier.

Well you asked me to troll, and there you go oppressing my 1st Amendment.

Don't you be oppressing any more of them, because I don't feel like looking up what they mean.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I haven't oppressed anything.... Yet. Lol.

I don't wanna have to look em up either. They are full of them big confusing words that make my head hurt. Lol

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Don't taze me bro...if it ain't on me it ain't hot...and sure as hell not rolling around loose under the seat, even though Glock does recommend that for cleaning the exterior

Idjits...like a claw hammer wouldn't do them more good

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Just in the last three weeks alone, I've run across four of these. Three were hi-points, safety off, ready to go. The fourth was some brand I never heard of from a company out of california that was extremely heavy and bulky. Two of which had baby seats in the car, but fortunately no child in the vehicle. I trying to make myself believe that it is just because of improper training/knowledge of weapons, but I'm believing more that it is just not caring.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Just in the last three weeks alone, I've run across four of these. Three were hi-points, safety off, ready to go. The fourth was some brand I never heard of from a company out of california that was extremely heavy and bulky. Two of which had baby seats in the car, but fortunately no child in the vehicle. I trying to make myself believe that it is just because of improper training/knowledge of weapons, but I'm believing more that it is just not caring.

At least be thankful that they told you about them (I assume that you don't just randomly rummage through a car).

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    They probably knew you could depend on the safety on a hipoint no matter what, so why bother?
    There is no way I would carry a hipoint chambered, safety or not!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've seen it on more than one occasion, and it's indeed dumb. Useless AND a hazard, double win!

It also demonstrates the difference between people that are falsely comforted by simply having a gun near them, as opposed to people that actually understand why they have a gun.

For the record mine rides in the cup holder, in a Safariland ALS. Safe, readily accessible and my coffee cup keeps it nice and warm.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I've seen it on more than one occasion, and it's indeed dumb. Useless AND a hazard, double win!

It also demonstrates the difference between people that are falsely comforted by simply having a gun near them, as opposed to people that actually understand why they have a gun.

For the record mine rides in the cup holder, in a Safariland ALS. Safe, readily accessible and my coffee cup keeps it nice and warm.

Having a piano in the living room doesn't make someone a musician.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    knguyen
    Top Bottom