Just a rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Just in the last three weeks alone, I've run across four of these. Three were hi-points, safety off, ready to go. The fourth was some brand I never heard of from a company out of california that was extremely heavy and bulky. Two of which had baby seats in the car, but fortunately no child in the vehicle. I trying to make myself believe that it is just because of improper training/knowledge of weapons, but I'm believing more that it is just not caring.
    you found something heavier and more bulky than a hi-point?

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    When I'm in the car...my G26 rides in a Galco pocket holster in between the driver's seat and the center console. It's nice and snug and very well secured and,of course,easily and quickly accessed when needed. When I exit me vehicle,the 26 either goes into my Galco IWB or Don Hume belt slide OWB depending on attire and/or occassion.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Lack of gun safety training and little respect for the life changing effects of an unintended discharge. These are the same people who can't be told what safety is and leave loaded firearms where their kids can get at them.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    You should have told them that since the car is an extension of the home, that they were legal to assume they could carry concealed in their car without a license.

Warning: cross forum joke

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I dont recall where it is made but my guess is gonna be a Haskell, one of my truck drivers was showing his off one day-it was impressively terrible.

tue%20027.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Yikes that looks like a commie knock off of a hi-point!

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I carry a pistol on the floorboard with a round chambered, but it's in the holster, and that first double-action pull takes about ten pounds of pressure. About as close to zero chance of an A/D as is humanly possible, but I don't feel comfortable leaving it visible in the center of the car where everyone can see it.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You should have told them that since the car is an extension of the home, that they were legal to assume they could carry concealed in their car without a license.

Warning: cross forum joke

I always try to educate a little gun safety to them whenever I run across them, explain safer ways to store their weapons inside their vehicle when in transport, whether it is securing the weapon so it doesn't flail around, or telling them about holsters and such that would protect them criminally and civilly incase of a ND and injuring/killing someone, or destroying property.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I always try to educate a little gun safety to them whenever I run across them, explain safer ways to store their weapons inside their vehicle when in transport, whether it is securing the weapon so it doesn't flail around, or telling them about holsters and such that would protect them criminally and civilly incase of a ND and injuring/killing someone, or destroying property.

I know a guy with atleast 24 handguns, I saw 6 cases with 4 in each, when I asked him what kind of holsters he liked he said he never used a holster. He stashes guns loaded with a round chambered in every room in his house and when he carries it's Mexican style. Collection leaned heavy towards glock and hk.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom