Just a thought

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    A couple of us were playing with class III stuff this morning, silencers and a SMG. Always a good time. Not many of us in this neck of the woods, only four that I knew of, but Slogoat mentioned that someone new has a suppressor, still a small number. There are others who enjoy this stuff, and it sure is nice being able to compare hardware. I just thought it would be nice if we would know when someone else is going to go shoot their toys so others could go watch or shoot. We live in Lake Charles, and only one range allows full auto. We would gladly travel out of town to meet up with other people with class III interests. So, what would you think of posting when and where someone is going to shoot class III so we could meet and see and hear what others have?
    Just a thought

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would definitely be down. I'm in Lafayette and normally shoot at the new iberia sheriffs range or in arnaudville at the fuselier complex. I plan on starting do some demos once I get all my inventory in. I have a good bit of cans and an SMG personally but will have more to demo in the future. I shoot pretty much every weekend but if you and your buddies are ever headed towards Lafayette hit me up.

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I thought there would be more interest in getting together to shoot.

Lafsnguy, I will be in touch with you when we are planning on shooting and we can maybe meiit one place or the other.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I just noticed this thread. Pat, shoot me a text or something if you get something together. You know I'm in! I'd love to shoot / bs with Tom again. I hope things are alright with him. Maybe he could join if we get a group together.

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I just noticed this thread. Pat, shoot me a text or something if you get something together. You know I'm in! I'd love to shoot / bs with Tom again. I hope things are alright with him. Maybe he could join if we get a group together.

John, I talked to Tom and he is up for it. He wants to take his toy out again and burn through some ammo, and I'm ready to do the same. Lafsnguy is up for it too, so we'll just have to find a time that works out for everybody. I have to work next weekend, so we'll have to play it by ear after that.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I just found this thread and I'd be down for a meet up. Lafsnguy and I are both in Lafayette so we might be able to ride together or something.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I just found this thread and I'd be down for a meet up. Lafsnguy and I are both in Lafayette so we might be able to ride together or something.

Nice! The more the merrier. That would make 5 of us. Any other takers??? I'm not opposed to traveling to Lafayette.... Via Pat's back seat lol

Pat?? I'll throw in gas money haha

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    If we were shooting machine guns we would probably have to go to sherburne. Fuselier complex won't allow full auto and the new Iberia sheriffs recently made me stop shooting mine out there. But they were doing a qualification and the guy running the qualification is the one that made me stop, not the deputies that are normally out there. The guys that are out there said they would check with the sheriff but I haven't heard a definitive answer as of yet. I haven't been to sherburne in a while so we should probably check to make sure they still allow full auto. Are there any ranges in between lafayette and lake charles that are NFA friendly?

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    The range in LC that Pat and I are a member of allows machine guns. There is a 10 dollar guest fee I believe.

Edit: Shouldn't have limited it to machine guns. They seem fine with all NFA goodies. I don't recall ever having my paper work looked at either. Usually pretty laid back out there.

Last edited:

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Lake Charles Gun Club
    6601 Ward Line Road Lake Charles, LA
    337-480-3918

I've heard people shooting steel on the long end of the rifle range. I'm not sure if they brought it, but I do believe there are supposed to be steel plates at 400 and 600 yards that the range staff has set in place.

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    Just a thought, It may be a good idea to check with any range before several of us show up and blast away. I will to check with Capt Lee at the Lake Charles Gun Club. I would not want him to get pissed for any reason and end up losing the place to full auto shooting.
    My brother in law shoots at the range at fort Polk, and they only charge two dollars to shoot. I have asked him to check if they allow full auto. That may be another option.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I don't have any class III stuff but would love to hang out sometime and handle a few of them. I am in the LC area as well. I am also a member of the LCGC. Just havent been to much lately with the twins arrival and all.

John, there are steel targets at the 400-600 yard ranges I believe. But if not I have a steel target anyone is welcome to shoot. I usually carry out there with for the pistol range but I am sure we could set it up on the rifle side.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just a thought, It may be a good idea to check with any range before several of us show up and blast away. I will to check with Capt Lee at the Lake Charles Gun Club. I would not want him to get pissed for any reason and end up losing the place to full auto shooting.
    My brother in law shoots at the range at fort Polk, and they only charge two dollars to shoot. I have asked him to check if they allow full auto. That may be another option.

Probably a good idea. Some people turn into complete fudds around full auto

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    Im still thinking of getting together an MG/C3 La club. Im going shooting at sherbourne monday maybe we can get like minded folks together at my shop later?

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I should be in anytime as long as I am on land. Right now I wont be back until the 11th though. Would be really cool if we could get a monthly thing going.

Top Bottom