Just bought my first bow.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I picked up a pse vendetta xs today. This is my first bow and I think im addicted now
    Just what I needed another expensive hobby.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    So far I like it more than a rifle, definitely not as expensive to shoot! I don't tend to clench or shake as much either, a bow seems alot more forgiving I was almost stacking arrows at 30yards by the time I got done shooting today.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Thanks guys I really love the bow, I bought one of the dear targets yesterday and up to 40 yards I'm pretty good, definitely in the kill zone.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Was practicing shooting out of the ground blind for the first time this afternoon... takes some getting used to. Shooting a Bear Truth II here.

Sent via dixie cup string phone...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Was practicing shooting out of the ground blind for the first time this afternoon... takes some getting used to. Shooting a Bear Truth II here.

I need to get me a nice ground blind. What brand of blind do you have and are you sitting or is there enough room to stand?

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    I need to get me a nice ground blind. What brand of blind do you have and are you sitting or is there enough room to stand?

Just picked up an ameristep coolhouse from academy for 140. Sitting room only. Not too bad though. Picked up a bone collector blind chair (triangle shaped) for 15 bucks too. I wear asat and will be hunting without the blind and from my summit Goliath but just wanted another option.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I have been considering getting one of those back pack ground blinds, I just don't trust climbing stands and it's way to late in the season to be putting up new lean too's my land is set up with box stands for rifles and that is it.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Getting close to a deer is the only thing im really worried about never had one closer than 100 yardsmy land is really thick though other than shooting lanes so im hoping with some good camp everything will work out.

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Congrats on your first bow, I just got my first bow also. Went with the Bowtech Assassin, sooo happy with it, chrono was 316 fps with maxima blue streaks 70 lb dw Took some of the accessories that came with it off and put a qad drop away rest, octane 7" stabalizer, and a spot hogg read deal sight. Thanks to Bayouland
    Bowhunters for setting everything up and getting me shooting.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Congrats on your first bow, I just got my first bow also. Went with the Bowtech Assassin, sooo happy with it, chrono was 316 fps with maxima blue streaks 70 lb dw Took some of the accessories that came with it off and put a qad drop away rest, octane 7" stabalizer, and a spot hogg read deal sight. Thanks to Bayouland
    Bowhunters for setting everything up and getting me shooting.

My roommate bought an assassin and that's what got me wanting a bow. I just liked the way the vendetta felt more. I did buy the octane stabilizer it just looks awesome. Congrats on your first bow too!

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Thanks I love it kinda wished I would have bought one with a 70lb draw. It wasn't a problem for me in the store and now that I've gotten use to it I think I should have. I just liked the camo more on the 60. Damn cosmetics always influencing me.

Top Bottom