Just in case you dont have enough to worry about

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    how is it a ban? its a code everything else in the world has a serial number...they have the same thing on tazer guns,,so people dont go around shocking people they have micro paper with numbers for that tazer gun..

as long as they dont try to limit the number of rounds you can own or purchase in a certain time frame,,i dont think bullets having serial numbers like our guns do,is that big of a deal.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    The Devil is in the details, read the proposed legislation. All non coded ammunition to be disposed of January 1st 2010. Anyone in possession of non coded ammunition in trouble, with penalties.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    They are trying to make ammo cost prohibitive. Think of the cost of having a log of every single round of .22 rimfire ammo much less everything else. Plus it would turn everybody that is stashing ammo into a felon.

Art

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    no they would just have the caps coded, with the same system,,just wouldnt have matcing caseings...but yea your right i can see a crack in what seems harmless....but really how would they police the ammo we all ready have

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    ...but really how would they police the ammo we all ready have
    as they said, get caught with non-coded ammo after a certain date the legislation would make you a felon.

I don't like it, I'm not a conspiracy theory type, but I do believe that this is yet another "harmless" law that will bite law abiding gun owners in the proverbial ass

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    I understand that legislation has already been shut down in Mississippi, and I bet it follows suit elsewhere. You might see it in California, Mass., New York, but that's probably it.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    So what the hell does this do to the reloader. I would think that would be the end of that.:mad:

No, like Rudeboy said, each bullet would still have its number, but they will be able to limit the amount of components the reloader will be allowed to purchase, so it's a win/win for the antis. The suckage of this will be huge. :mad:

Art

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    This will cause you to be ID'ed when you buy ammo. Also, soon, commercial ammo sold to the public will only have a shelf life of about 2 years, then it won't work.

They are banning guns by going round and round thru the back door.

Better get what you can while you can.

As Walter Brennan used to say, just the facts!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm seriously thinking of buying a .45LC revolver. I can reload that with cast wheel weights.

That also won't work with shot guns... we can reload that with dimes, scrap metal, etc.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I'm seriously thinking of buying a .45LC revolver. I can reload that with cast wheel weights.

That also won't work with shot guns... we can reload that with dimes, scrap metal, etc.

If the coding law goes through watch for a rider to the bill saying that selfcasted bullets are banned due to the health risk caused by lead exposure.

Art

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Also, soon, commercial ammo sold to the public will only have a shelf life of about 2 years, then it won't work.
    Could you please post the source of this information? I believe it to be a huge load of crap.

I bought a pound of Alliant 2400 eight years ago, it was two years old when I bought it. In fact, Alliant changed labels sometime after I bought it. I still load from that powder and have yet to have a misfire.

I have also fired a box of GI 1944-45 winchester .45ACP ball ammo with not a single one that failed to fire. Also have fired off several boxes of 1965 Match ammo without a failure to fire.

This sounds like a "black ops" set in motion to get peolple to buy large amounts of powder and primers, pay for it with their credit cards, so they can keep up with who is buying it.

Better wear your tin foil hats when buying components!!:mamoru:

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    You know the suppliers won't want to get stuck with a supply of unmarked bullets! The ammo prices should fall to dirt cheap before the ban!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom