Just keeps getting dumber…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Well, logic would indicate that if you are disproportionately bothered by something, that something with affect you more than someone else who is not as bothered by said something.

Seeing that most liberals are gay (does gay looking count?) then most gay people must be worried about things that bother liberals, of which violent guns and climate change occupy the top spots! So yes, climate change will bother gay people more than me, as I see climate change for what it is. I am making this up, of course, as I have no solid data to indicate that most liberals are gay (or gay looking), I do not know any gay liberals, and I do not believe that sexual orientation has any sort of direct connection with the climate.

The problem is that this is a relative difference, not an absolute difference. As far as things bothering difference groups of people go.

I read some more of the article, and it is saying that the locations that gay couples live in tend to have more climate based issues than places where strait couples live. Not sure if that makes any sense at all, and I highly doubt that "climate change" has much to do with over population caused issues such as flooding and drainage. Likely infrastructure planning and poor/non-existent engineering are the causes, along with over population. the article seems to allude to gay couple moving/living in areas that have more climate based issues. Perhaps some education to these couples could help them to live in safer areas?

Thankfully this will fix itself, as gay couples cannot reproduce, thus these areas will likely see some population decline, which should help diminish the issues that are caused by over population.

Also, they careful sidestep the fact that most of these issues are caused by poor design/placement of structures and other infrastructure such as drainage, artificial dams (roadways, etc), artificial runoff, solar reflection from buildings, etc, the list goes on.

For example, the french quarter does not flood easily (compared to New Orleans east) cause the peeps back in tha day had some clue where to build stuff. Filling in the rest of the surrounding area with poorly planned neighborhoods, streets and other such failure was done by greedy people much later.

And one more thing about climate change. Pretty good proof that 10k plus years ago there was an "ice age" in which the temperature of the earth was lower and ice covered more area than it does now. Since that is not true anymore, somehow it warmed up since then. Go back farther than that ice age and there is some evidence of another "ice age". So we have a cold period that warmed up to some point, then got cold again, and now we are in the warming up period. So likely this is a cycle, with many variables that contribute to the temperature changing. I doubt the human race is helping by burning so much stuff all of the time (well, we are helping the warming up period move along quicker), and that could lead to a thermal runaway, which will kill just about everything on the planet, which will solve many issues, including biased reporting on gay people.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I think someone should complain to HR about the discriminatory nature of plate tectonics.
    I would tend to blame the Almighty on this, but Sister Enchilada of the 7th order of Sacred Celibate Nuns told me in 6th grade that He is not to blame. I miss Catholic school, everything was so cut and dry. No gray areas to inhabit my thoughts.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I would tend to blame the Almighty on this, but Sister Enchilada of the 7th order of Sacred Celibate Nuns told me in 6th grade that He is not to blame. I miss Catholic school, everything was so cut and dry. No gray areas to inhabit my thoughts.
    Kneeling on rice ain't cutting it for you. You need to kneel on pencils for a few hours.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Each and every American institution is in the midst of a hostage crisis. The modern hostage-takers don’t use tape, wire, or cuffs. Instead, they wield the most powerful restraints of guilt, shame, and identity, which have allowed a tiny minority to effectively cement their absurd ideology—from the highest to the lowest levels of institutional living. The plan they've crafted and perfected for a century is working like a charm.

Top Bottom