Just one more reason to hate it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You don't even need to go to a Chase Bank to get all the cash off of the card. I got mine from my usual bank (Whitney) and I got the full amount off the card with no fees or hassle.
    capital one dinged me for $2.75. Everyone knows they are horrible already, so no need to open that can of worms.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Why did you not have the LA refund also direct deposited? Were you forced to accept the card?

Yes. My CPA was unable to get through to them for weeks. Poor management, and they were swamped with problems, I guess. So she just paper-filed it--there was a problem where it was not accepting my E-file. I'm not sure exactly, just that she was pissed and so were a lot of businesses that she works for, because her firm could not contact the revenue dept. or whatever it's correctly termed because noone ever answered the phone/it was busy/she kept getting the run-around. It was a total cluster.

Feds on the other hand, she E-filed that and it worked just fine. Got my money in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    This ^^^ Just had to write them a check...again.

Depending on why, I wish I had your problem :thumbsup:

Like I said, though, I just claim S/0 and got $340 back. I know I could have had that $340 for the whole year nearly, but the $5 or whatever interest that I missed out on doesn't bother me too terribly, and it's nice to mail yourself a present now and then.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I respect that a lot of you have friends and family here that you are partial to, but to someone who is not a big family person, and whose friends have all snapped and left, I don't think you have anything to say to me about why this place has anything to offer as compared to many other locations that would be more favorable.

No friends and family here. This state is pretty backwards and corrupt I'll agree. I get where you are coming from. I really loved living near Nashville and I can see the appeal in other places.

There is quite a lot to like about this state though..... just not the government or the silly things they do. Also, I haven't lived in North LA, but South LA is pretty cool. If you really can't find things to enjoy here, I think the problem is you.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...My CPA was unable to get through to them for weeks. Poor management...her firm could not contact the revenue dept(?)...

Sounds more like a problem with your CPA (lots of CPA's don't know as much about taxes as they claim to). I actually work as a tax-return preparer for a major chain each year (nice change of pace from retirement, plus a bit of pocket money) and we've had no such problems.

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Also, I haven't lived in North LA, but South LA is pretty cool. If you really can't find things to enjoy here, I think the problem is you.

That was my point originally. You guys down south have all the good stuff. Up here, we might as well be living in Arkansas...Oh wait, no Ozarks to hike...I need to get outta here.
    I have lived a little in Tennessee and lived in San Diego for two years. People suck no matter where you go, but there are places to go and things to do and ~more stable economies to thrive in. The only reason I came back here was to spend some time with my grandma before she passed. Now its time to GTFO again.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I owed nothing, I was refunded nothing. But, I did have to pay to file state return. Of course, my wife and I both survive off G.I. bills.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    No friends and family here. This state is pretty backwards and corrupt I'll agree. I get where you are coming from. I really loved living near Nashville and I can see the appeal in other places.

There is quite a lot to like about this state though..... just not the government or the silly things they do. Also, I haven't lived in North LA, but South LA is pretty cool. If you really can't find things to enjoy here, I think the problem is you.

Exactly. I have been to South La and it's nice there. There ARE a lot of things to do. There is nice scenery. There is still some culture amongst the less desirable things there.

Up here? Nothing. Nada.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The only thing that pisses me off about Texas is that it shares a common border with Louisiana- we need to shove an entire buffer state up the Sabine to give us a little more distance.

I say this entirely tongue in cheek, based on the horrible attitude displayed here towards the lovely Bayou State by no less than it's very own citizenry.

That's because some of us have lived other places and made the mistake (our bad...) of moving here--and we don't like it. There is very little to like. It is a lovely state, geographically, in some places (I like swamp), but the people ruin it.

Then you have the lifers. They like it because they grew up with it and their entire world is here. I doubt you will find anyone posting love for this state who moved here from somewhere else. Maybe wrong, but not likely to find many if I am.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    They carry Taurus Pistolas...

And they GOOD too>>>>I like DAT me!

8svuaysbpozsglf535vy.jpg

that's a Beretta... safety is on the slide

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    That's because some of us have lived other places and made the mistake (our bad...) of moving here--and we don't like it. There is very little to like. It is a lovely state, geographically, in some places (I like swamp), but the people ruin it.

Then you have the lifers. They like it because they grew up with it and their entire world is here. I doubt you will find anyone posting love for this state who moved here from somewhere else. Maybe wrong, but not likely to find many if I am.

Look...y'all raised enough for a gun for LGD, that was a noble thing and I'm impressed no matter the outcome.

CAN WE please buy this guy a bus ticket to anyfreakinwhere but here...OMG, I am so tired of his whining.

I didn't throw up for the Glock ...I promise to give for this.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Look...y'all raised enough for a gun for LGD, that was a noble thing and I'm impressed no matter the outcome.

CAN WE please buy this guy a bus ticket to anyfreakinwhere but here...OMG, I am so tired of his whining.

I didn't throw up for the Glock ...I promise to give for this.

I'll pass on accepting charity that I don't need.

Wait until no later than Jan 31, 2013, and I will be posting from a new AO and be in a much better mood :)
    Ever since I was about 1 year into college, I knew I would move as soon as I finished my contract.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I'll pass on accepting charity that I don't need.

Wait until no later than Jan 31, 2013, and I will be posting from a new AO and be in a much better mood :)
    Ever since I was about 1 year into college, I knew I would move as soon as I finished my contract.

I lived the first 18 years of my life here, thought it was great, and it was. I moved to Texas for basic training and 5 months of tech school. Meh. Moved to Missouri for another 3 and a half months of training. Meh. Moved to California, which was where I wanted to be for God only knows what reasons. Liked it for about a DAY. Lived there for 4 years. Moved back here for college, and the only thing I can figure is Katrina effed this entire state. Baton Rouge used to be an AWESOME place, but ever since I've been back, this place has sucked DONKEY balls. I can't wait to leave, and this is coming from the same guy who used to think California was the epitome of rudeness and retardation. I still blame Katrina, though.

Top Bottom