Just picked up my new Ruger .380.... now with Photos

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    do you mind if i ask how much you paid for it? i have the keltec .380 and was thinking about buying the ruger

Ammocanman

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    lcp1 (Large).JPG

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I already own a Kel-Tec P3AT, but I'd have no worries about buying one of these as well just because of the reliability I have always experienced with Ruger products. Maybe they'll make a real small 9mm like Kel-Tec did, too.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I would encourage anyone looking at this pistol for BUG purposes to evaluate it carefully. I shot one and found it to have a "false reset" of the trigger. This could lead to a very loud silence when you were expecting a bang and IMHO makes it useless as a fighting gun.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    After the trigger is fully depressed and a round fired, when the trigger is being released forward there is a perceptiple "click" which would typically indicate that the trigger has been reset and could be depressed again to fire another round. However when the trigger was depressed it did not fire and the trigger had to be released its full length of travel in order to reset. "Riding the Reset" is an important and effective technique for firing a DAO or Striker fired pistol. It allows for faster more accurate fire with better trigger control. This Ruger requires the shooter to think diffrently about the way he is pulling the trigger. Having to think while gunfighting is bad ju ju.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    LSP, I don't know why you waste your time on those Kraut POS's! ;) Everybody knows us Germans don't know crap 'bout makin' no guns!:rofl: Tell you what though, that P7 is obviously defective and you should send it to me for proper a Teutonic Burial. ;):rofl:

Dave

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Nah, I'm not the cat from FLA. That guy must be an real jerk though because people ask me if Im him all the time. I got lured here from NC and havent found a way out yet!

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    how was the trigger on it does it wear ur finger out somebody of glock talk said he can shoot like 60 rounds and his finger is hurting what kind ammo u used

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I think anybody who complains about a trigger pull hurting their finger is a loooooooooser and should promptly surrender their man card set down the offending pistol and move to Canada.

Top Bottom