Just read up on this, prayers needed tonight for a good outcome!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayoukajun

Old & Cranky
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Gonzales, La.
    She's been found alive

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A 14-year-old Baton Rouge girl who went missing Tuesday night from a church camp was found alive in a creek early Wednesday morning.

According to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office, Camille Barlow was spotted by a trooper with Louisiana State Police while he was crossing the bridge over Sandy Creek around 2:30 a.m.

The camp's website stated she was taken to the hospital to be checked out.

Barlow went missing around 8 p.m. from Camp Istrouma on Greenwell Springs Road.

According to the camp's website, the girl wandered off.

Authorities have not said why she walked away from the camp.

The sheriff's office sent out detectives and police dogs to look for the teen.

The Baton Rouge Police Department helicopter also responded to help find her.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Thank goodness she was found ok, but I have to ask- Why would his kid just wander off and not think it would cause issues?:confused:

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A 14-year-old Baton Rouge girl who went missing Tuesday night from a church camp was found alive in a creek early Wednesday morning.

According to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office, Camille Barlow was spotted by a trooper with Louisiana State Police while he was crossing the bridge over Sandy Creek around 2:30 a.m.

The camp's website stated she was taken to the hospital to be checked out.

Barlow went missing around 8 p.m. from Camp Istrouma on Greenwell Springs Road.

According to the camp's website, the girl wandered off.

Authorities have not said why she walked away from the camp.

The sheriff's office sent out detectives and police dogs to look for the teen.

The Baton Rouge Police Department helicopter also responded to help find her.

Praise God! Now she better say some prayers, cuz she might be in a little bit of doo-doo for wandering off.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thank goodness she was found ok, but I have to ask- Why would his kid just wander off and not think it would cause issues?:confused:

My guess is she probably went exploring and got lost or she wasn't enjoying herself and wanted to get away. Either way, I doubt she thought her little expedition would make the news.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    My guess is she probably went exploring and got lost or she wasn't enjoying herself and wanted to get away. Either way, I doubt she thought her little expedition would make the news.

Obviously, the number one priority was to find her safe & sound, and thank God she was. But, IF she did wander away on purpose because of some type of "teen crisis" crap, or just to be cute- then she should pay a price.

Lots of resources were used, and lots of people got the automated phone alert at around 12:15 AM (at least that's the time I got it).

At any rate, the camp might want to re-evaluate their bedcheck protocol....

Top Bottom