Just saw this gem on Twitter concerning CHP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Via the Associated Press

BREAKING: Federal appeals court says people do not have right to carry concealed weapons in public under 2nd Amendment.

Thoughts? I'm running into a meeting and can't find additional info.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Edit: federal court has upheld California restrictions.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...concealed-weapons-in-public.html?intcmp=hpbt3

SAN FRANCISCO – A federal appeals court says people do not have a right to carry concealed weapons in public under the 2nd Amendment.

An 11-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issued the ruling Thursday.

The panel says law enforcement officials can require applicants for a concealed weapons permit to show they are in immediate danger or otherwise have a good reason for a permit beyond self-defense.

The decision overturned a 2014 ruling by a smaller 9th Circuit panel.

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    It should be noted the 9th Circuit court is the most liberal court in the system so this is not surprising. This case will likely wind up before
    SCOTUS.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (San Francisco) issued the 7-4 ruling, upholding a state law requiring applicants to show *good cause,* such as a fear of personal safety, to carry a concealed firearm. The ruling only applies to States in the 9th Circuit. This means Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska could pass laws restricting and even banning CC. If the decision gets appealed and the Supreme Court decides to review it, their decision would mean all 50 States could pass laws restricting or banning CC.

IF Obama or Clinton get to nominate the next SCOTUS justice you can bet that the SCOTUS will back up the 9th CCA but that would only allow LA legislature to pass any law it pleased regarding CC not immediately ban CC.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    FEAR OF PERSONAL SAFETY is not an acceptable excuse for concealed carry according to the ruling and for your info only; CC is highly regulated by Law Enforcement. anywhere.
    The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (San Francisco) issued the 7-4 ruling, upholding a state law requiring applicants to show *good cause,* such as a fear of personal safety, to carry a concealed firearm. The ruling only applies to States in the 9th Circuit. This means Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska could pass laws restricting and even banning CC. If the decision gets appealed and the Supreme Court decides to review it, their decision would mean all 50 States could pass laws restricting or banning CC.

IF Obama or Clinton get to nominate the next SCOTUS justice you can bet that the SCOTUS will back up the 9th CCA but that would only allow LA legislature to pass any law it pleased regarding CC not immediately ban CC.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    That sucks for 2A people in Cailfornia. Calguns had put a lot of time in money into the original lawsuit that tried to make California a shall issue state instead of the draconian wasteland that it is where you have to be a political cronie of the local sheriff to get a permit. What a crappy setback for them. Although this really only affects a few counties like Santa Clara and San Diego(original site for lawsuit). A lot of other counties Sheriffs will issue concealed permits.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Opinion alluded to the fact that there are still avenues to bear arms aside from concealed carry. However in places like California open carry isn't an option either.

There were at least some good dissenting opinions.

This is why supreme court nominations are more important than ever.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wow- that is going to make everyone in those areas so SAFE!!! I can smell the safeness all the way from here!! Keep this up and they'll eventually enjoy the kind of safety they enjoy in Mexico! Safe safitty safe! :cheers:

:crazy: These Constitution-hating idiots make me ill. :mad:

If I lived in California.....Never mind- I'd never live there.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I lived there a long time. Beaches only 30 minutes away. Snow in winter 4 hours away or closer. Yosemite 3 hours away. It was a very nice place to live until prices went through the roof for everything now you have to be a dot com founder to get a place otherwise you struggle. Motorcycle riding was nirvana twisties up the yazoo going into the hill and mountains and then dropping down to ride Hwy 1 along the coast.

I know everyone will say then why don't you move back.....Because my girls are now acclimated here and I think they have more opportunities to shine here than in a overcrowded classroom in California where the teachers are overwhelmed with 40 students per teacher with no assistants. I also like country living and that is getting almost non existent in California as well. Plus I would have to modify or lose a lot of my rifles/pistols and am not sure I would want to do that now.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    You forgot to tell everyone how much you enjoyed paying the taxes and or ridiculious rents.
    I lived there a long time. Beaches only 30 minutes away. Snow in winter 4 hours away or closer. Yosemite 3 hours away. It was a very nice place to live until prices went through the roof for everything now you have to be a dot com founder to get a place otherwise you struggle. Motorcycle riding was nirvana twisties up the yazoo going into the hill and mountains and then dropping down to ride Hwy 1 along the coast.

I know everyone will say then why don't you move back.....Because my girls are now acclimated here and I think they have more opportunities to shine here than in a overcrowded classroom in California where the teachers are overwhelmed with 40 students per teacher with no assistants. I also like country living and that is getting almost non existent in California as well. Plus I would have to modify or lose a lot of my rifles/pistols and am not sure I would want to do that now.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    You forgot to tell everyone how much you enjoyed paying the taxes and or ridiculious rents.

Dude no kidding. I owned my own home and we had what they call prop 13 where if you had it before taxes went up they stayed the same as before so that was not so bad. I was talking to one of my buddies the other day and he is paying $2400 for a 3 bedroom in a crappy complex and that is cheap for there. Condos are going for 700K easy now. Taxes are not any more millage wise than here but the home prices are outrageous. Last time I was there for vacation there were so many McMansions that were half built do to the bubble bursting. I am going back in a few weeks and need to check it out and see how it is now. I think they are headed for a hard drop there as they cannot possibly support that type of back breaking inflation of costs something is going to have to give.

Top Bottom