Kayak Fishing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I use the lightweight ones with sock feet. I always just swung my feet over the side to reach the back. I really like the X-Factor, but ended up buying a Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game when I first got in to yak fishing. Now I have a Cobra Fish N Dive with 30lb trolling motor and an Ascend 12 SinK with a 30lb trolling motor. Haven't used either one in over a year though. Went with a 16' flat with 50 for the marsh and 22' offshore catamaran for the open water.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I use the lightweight ones with sock feet. I always just swung my feet over the side to reach the back. I really like the X-Factor, but ended up buying a Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game when I first got in to yak fishing. Now I have a Cobra Fish N Dive with 30lb trolling motor and an Ascend 12 SinK with a 30lb trolling motor. Haven't used either one in over a year though. Went with a 16' flat with 50 for the marsh and 22' offshore catamaran for the open water.

Yeah im still going a little between the 2, but there is no local dealer for the OK BG, and I like how there is an option for an built in live well. I would love a regular boat, But with way gas prices are and cost of repairs for engines... I am more then happy to paddle LOL

chrisba

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    New Orleans Area
    I had a blast when I had my kayak. Hooked up to several red fish that took me for a ride and even a alligator gar about 5 foot. Scared the hell out of me when it jumped out of the water like tarpon about three feet from the boat. The only problem I had was that none of my friends would get one so I always ended up by myself. Guess I should have got some new friends. I ended up selling the kayak when I moved into an apartment with no place to keep it. I'll get another some day.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    I've had my Tarpon 140 for about 3yrs and go quite often. I stay mainly in fresh water because of my total ignorance at saltwater fishing. I made a couple of trips to Montegut last year in the marshes and had a blast.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    I had a blast when I had my kayak. Hooked up to several red fish that took me for a ride and even a alligator gar about 5 foot. Scared the hell out of me when it jumped out of the water like tarpon about three feet from the boat. The only problem I had was that none of my friends would get one so I always ended up by myself. Guess I should have got some new friends. I ended up selling the kayak when I moved into an apartment with no place to keep it. I'll get another some day.

I bought mine before my friends did also. 3 years later, they still haven't bought their's.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I fish out of my Hobie Outback for trout and reds more often than I take out my 24' bay boat. Both are awesome, but it is nice to go fishing without having to worry about what expensive repair is going to appear. I have turned on 2 close friends to kayak fishing over the past few years. All bought paddle kayaks first. I warned them about eventually liking the Kool-aid taste, but neither listened. Within their first year of kayak fishing, both bought Hobie Outbacks. You simply catch more fish when you can constantly cast instead of paddling. You can also cover much more ground without getting tired...this includes going into wind and current.

Top Bottom