Keep a low profile-spies among us?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    gbob, you know me, but how many pictures of you and all of your rifles are already out there? I challenge you to find any pictures of me in possession of any firearm not owned by the department.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Oh, I'll go ahead and mention my collection: Two rubber band guns, one is a double clothes-pinner that shoots the large bands; a semi-auto 20 shot rubber band gun; an air powered pea shooter; a potato cannon that will shoot lemon meringue pie; a water gun; 3 cap pistols (but I'm outa caps); and a blow gun. Phewwwww, I'm tired.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    gbob, you know me, but how many pictures of you and all of your rifles are already out there? I challenge you to find any pictures of me in possession of any firearm not owned by the department.
    Those aren't really my firearms. I just cut and paste pics from other websites and claim they're mine. I'm really just a wannabe.
    Ignore what you've seen at the range too; I just borrowed those...really.

How ya been doing? Haven't seen you around lately.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    gbob,
    Workin' and livin', though I haven't had time for much else lately. Since the wife took the last portion of the CPA test last month and is done with study time, I may actually get some time for a range session. I'm actually going to bring her and her mother, my mother as well, to touch up their skills in preparation for CHP course soon ($50 flat through a LEO I know since they're LEO family). I've still got your number unless it's changed, I'll give you a ring next time I'm planning a trip.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    A few of us JBT's post from our work pc's (MDT's and office) I guess they'll start with us for the information..

Thin Blue Line, how "thick is it" when that time comes we shall see...

Myself.
    But I'm thinking we will be the first to know and can get the word out.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I'm fairly sure they've been at least collecting the data ever since the initiation of the background checks in the early 90's.

Every new gun you buy gets called in. So, they at least have a starting point to come and question you about those guns, and see if you've got any others.

I'm fairly sure they're keeping tabs on us, as forum users... you always hear about "so and so posted on _____ forum that he was gonna kill everyone"... how'd they find that? Google, maybe... yet it'd make sense to start documenting threats in online communities and determining the validity of the risk.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    double post.

funny-pictures-cat-makes-a-puma-logo.jpg

Last edited:

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    :rofl::rofl: :ghey:

Kidding, I even like Opera...wtf. *cuts himself*

But yeah, on topic...this page gets visited multiple times a day by federal and local BATFE, probably the FBI, possibly the CIA, and I'm pretty sure that our IPs have been logged wherever we've posted from.

I could be wrong but I don't think I am. I don't think that this site is any different than Arfcom or any other firearm forums, just smaller than a lot of them and easier to keep track of.

You've got the right ideas.

With such things like the Patriot Act and the likeness passed, along with all the internet censorship stuff coming it, it's definitely a good idea to watch your tail.

Basically what you have will be ATF/FBI analysts who scan sites like these, and just browse. Your IP and personal arms (unless its an RPG or enough to arm a militia :mamoru: ) won't be looked at. Basically they roam political/sites like these to search for things detrimental to the government, i.e. "terror" talk. If you crack a joke out of poor taste, and they see it (like the assasination of a politician), your IP will be (if possible) stored and watched. Not saying they track every single joke or discussion, but they analyze and flag what they find malicious.

As far as the CIA, unless Osama bin Laden starts trying to incite a riot here, they could care less what we have or who we are.

Read it in an article not too long ago ;)

btw yes I'm new to the site. Friend referred me to it. I like what I'm seeing.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Welcome...

Let me be the first to tell you that the CIA can monitor your brainwaves from a radioactive Isotope that was planted in your skull when your mother had her first "ultrasound" and they are recorded and cataloged individually based on serial number.. (social security number) The only way to block said transmission is to tightly wrap your head in aluminum foil any time you are on the internet or having bad thoughts..

Hope I have been of assistance...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    No problem.. I buy mine at Sams... I go thru alot of it..
    :rofl:

Here is my office...
    TinFoil_OfficePrank.jpg

and here is my Bedroom...
    Protected%20Bedroom.JPG

I had to do that cause tin foil hats are uncomfortable to sleep in and I didnt want the CIA to record my dreams..

Top Bottom