Kel-Tec PLR-22 Opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    Hey there

Looking for personal opinions of this firearm. I’ve had KT pistols in the past and know the stigma (no longer own), but I love their Sub2000. Saw the PLR-22 and thought it looked decent, read some reviews/videos just wanted some BS opinions. Thanks in advance.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I used to own one... It was a novelty, but worked. Pointless to have a "pistol" that large and awkward to take apart. Much rather something with a stock or brace, or an actual pistol like a ruger 22/45 etc

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I do not have the plr but do have the SU rifle in 22lr. I like it. It takes the black dog machine / atchinson ar style 22lr mags, so plenty of options. I also have a couple of su16 rifles in 223. As far as quality goes, these are the better products that keltec makes. I an not really a fan of their handguns, and was not impressed with the cmr 30 in 22mg. The ksg and plr/su series seem to be gtg.

You can buy an adapter from keltec that allows for use of an ar buffer tube. So then you can put on any of the wide selection of arm braces, which would make shooting the plr much more fun.

Top Bottom