KelTec Sub 2000 9mm Beretta

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    does anyone have experience with this gun?

I like that it can take Beretta mags, and looks a step above the HI point carbines.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Had the one that took glock mags.

GOt it for a 'chick gun'

Let a couple handfulls of chicks shoot it... none of them liked it b/c of the cheakweld.

It's a neat little toy, but I ended up selling it and using the $ to buy another AK.

Edited to add: Heavy bolt (Like subguns) does NOT like anything but Brass cases.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    I have fooled with one at a gun store not too long ago, and it was pretty cool. It can fold up and is pretty small. Would be great for a backpacking trip or something to that extent. As for it being above a Hi point carbine, not sure. I have heard some great things about them, not to mention they are a little less expensive.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    this is more than a "chick gun". looking at something inexpensive to keep in the truck. And since I've got a case of Beretta M9 mags, this makes sense. Storm look snice, but I can buy 3 of the KelTec 2000's for the same price.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I was looking at it for something to keep in vehicle. And I've already got about 30 mags for my M9's, so that's another cost saver as well

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    this is more than a "chick gun". looking at something inexpensive to keep in the truck. And since I've got a case of Beretta M9 mags, this makes sense. Storm look snice, but I can buy 3 of the KelTec 2000's for the same price.

Mosin Nagant?
    Enfield?
    SKS? (If you want a folder)
    30-30
    Shotgun?

(All would be cheaper... and harder hitting... if I grab a rifle... I need a rifle)

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Mosin Nagant?
    Enfield?
    SKS? (If you want a folder)
    30-30
    Shotgun?

(All would be cheaper... and harder hitting... if I grab a rifle... I need a rifle)

i already have all the above, and I didn't say I wanted a rifle. I just don't want want to "stash" my M9's all over the place. And not all would be cheaper. I can get the KelTec for less than $300 new.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    i already have all the above, and I didn't say I wanted a rifle. I just don't want want to "stash" my M9's all over the place. And not all would be cheaper. I can get the KelTec for less than $300 new.

Just some susgestions dude... You said you wanted something to keep in the truck...

and everythign I listed you can get for under $300... (Mostly well under.)

Heck, if you want the Sub 2000... get it..

It's not a 'Plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range' but it's not a bad little plinker.

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    Good reliable, pretty accurate little fellers. I have 3 in Glock 22 flavor, and one in Beretta 92 I'll give the Hi-point a higher mark for their sights, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Sub 2000! The one on the bottom of the pic is my favorite plinker. And well worth the $300 price tag.

:D

Carbines-s.jpg

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I did the research and was all set to buy one in a s&w version when a Marlin camp9 fell into my lap (since traded for AR parts). I'd still like to have a keltec.

Top Bottom