Kershaw service

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I own a Kershaw Piston folding assisted opening knife. I was trimming a rafter near an electrical wire and, while thinking don't get too close to that electrical wire, I got into the live wire. It electrically arc cut a large notch in the blade near the tip. After considering what I used to do, regrinding a new tip on the blade, I decided to look on the interweb for what might be possible if I sent it back to Kershaw.
    Their website had a form to fill out for warranty work if the fault was theirs in materials or workmanship and it also included a box to check to request a new blade or a sharpening of an old blade for ten U. S. dollars.
    I filled out the form, checked the box for a new blade and included my tenner.
    In about 4 weeks I got a package from Kershaw with my knife having a brand new blade installed.
    I appreciate service like this.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I own a Kershaw Piston folding assisted opening knife. I was trimming a rafter near an electrical wire and, while thinking don't get too close to that electrical wire, I got into the live wire. It electrically arc cut a large notch in the blade near the tip. After considering what I used to do, regrinding a new tip on the blade, I decided to look on the interweb for what might be possible if I sent it back to Kershaw.
    Their website had a form to fill out for warranty work if the fault was theirs in materials or workmanship and it also included a box to check to request a new blade or a sharpening of an old blade for ten U. S. dollars.
    I filled out the form, checked the box for a new blade and included my tenner.
    In about 4 weeks I got a package from Kershaw with my knife having a brand new blade installed.
    I appreciate service like this.

Did the same thing with my Leatherman I'm not sure if they would fix it though.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Kershaw Leek stopped opening, E-mail to Kershaw and they sent a replacement spring. That and a Kershaw Torx Tool keychain, got it all fixed up like new.
    Kershaw assisted openers are my favorite, must have 8 of them, and the key chain tool is neat to have.
    Gary

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I have waaaaay too many Kershaw knives, assisted and manual openers. I rotate through them and carry whatever feels right for a few months at a time. I have yet to sharpen one of them. When one blade gets dull, I carry a new knife. When I get 6 or 8 of them that need sharpening, I put them in a small flat rate Priority mail box and send them back to Kershaw for a free sharpening. True, it costs me money to ship them, but where can you get 6 to 8 knives sharpened for less than $6? Kershaw even pays for return shipping. I'll have to post some pictures of my growing Kershaw collection when I get a chance.

And just in case you didn't know about it, bladeforums.com is the place for knife talk. But I'll warn you now, it's will hurt your wallet if you hang out there for any length of time.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Kershaw's and ZT's customer service is top notch!

Kershaw will replace a blade for $10.
    ZT will replace a blade for $30, which isn't too bad for a $200+ knife. I think it used to be free.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom