khar CM9 ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Got a Khar CM9. For those who have owned/own one, what defensive/practice ammo did you find worked best in it? Any concerns, suggestions? I plan on pocket carrying. Thanks.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    For practice and break in any inexpensive round should do.

But for carry I have never had the first hiccup through 300 rounds of 124gr +p Gold Dot on the PM9. I didn't even make it through the first box of the 147 gr Gold Dots without a few no feeds, so that discovery completely killed that option.

If you haven't already, find one of the "full detail strip" videos and once you've manually racked that slide and pulled the trigger a few hundred times, strip her down and clean her up real good.

You gotta be patient and be prepared to spend some money on qualifying the defensive round you choose. Baton Rouge Police Supplies on the perifery of the old Cortana Mall usually has various calibers of Gold Dots and other defensive ammo packaged the way God intended..in 50 round boxes.

Dirty

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I like HST and Gold Dot in 124gr. +P or 147gr. These rounds have worked for me with every 9mm Kahr I have owned.
    Make sure the round you carry with functions well in Your pistol.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Thanks for the input guys, instead of buying all kinds of different rounds, this will help slim down my purchases. Academy in lafayette has a rather large selection and now I know what to look for. I'm racking and pulling the trigger tonight, followed by a good cleaning. Thanks again!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Academy may have Winchester PDX1 which is also good but it will probably be in a boutique box and overpriced. I do not think Academy sells Ranger T, HST or Gold Dot but Barney's should have some proven LE ammunition as Baton Rouge Police Supply does.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The sights on the Kahr were regulated for the 124 gr bullets. Check your manual. I've been carrying one for a few years now, really like the size. Useing 124 gr Federal rounds.

Beauxdog

Top Bottom