KIMBER warranty/customer service

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Bought a Custom Covert II from a BS member recently and it does not consistently return to battery upon firing. It's definitely a frame issue since the slide works on my SIS frame but not visa-versa. Called Kimber CS and they want around $100 just to get it there and evaluate the problem. Gun is not modified in any way nor damaged - they only warrantee new guns. I'v returned used guns to Wilson, Smith and others, and as long as unmodified and not damaged they have all made the guns right.
    I've owned 6-8 Kimbers over the years and this is the first issue I've had but I am disappointed in their policy. Am I expecting too much?
    Ed

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    You bought used and that's the chance you take. Sometimes you get the right person on the phone and sometimes you don't. Kimber says on their website that the warranty is for original owner. Can you call the person you bought it from and ask them to make the claim?

DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    What brand of ammo are you shooting? I have a S&W 9mm EZ Slide that failed to go into battery every 3-4 rounds. Called S&W and they said try Winchester White Box or Federal. Switched to WWB and 1500+ rounds later not one failure. I would try several different brands and see if it fixes your issue. Certainly worked for me.

kenacp

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    River Ridge La
    No need to ship it back. More than likely, it's the firing pin safety block. The plunger may be bent or have a burr from improper disassembly. Take a look at that first.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t think you’re expecting too much at all. Regardless who you purchased the gun from. I’ve had to send a couple of faulty brand new guns back and didn’t have to pay anything granted I was the original buyer of both.

Like WhereIsIt pointed out, sometimes it definitely matters who you have on the phone. I would try calling 2 maybe 3 times and speaking with different representatives. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve called gun manufacturers with questions about an item and 5-10 minutes later I’m giving them my address and shipping details for them to send me out something for free. That’s never my motive or goal but sometimes just simply speaking with them and asking questions leads to it.

I’ve never owned a Kimber and have no interest in owning one. Too many stories about bad customer service and faulty guns from the factory.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    You're correct - Kimber does say original owner. But I've sent guns, optics, etc back for factory repairs over the years (a lot of years) and if not modified, abused or just plum wore out they have been repaired free of charge. No biggie, just a little disappointed.
    Good idea to try different CS reps.
    I've been U tubing and have it narrowed down so I'll get my local gunsmith to fix.
    Did try 3 different ammos and different mags as well.
    Thanks for all the input.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    Ive had bought taurus ruger and henry used before Henry sent me brand new gun even though damage was my fault Taurus fixed free of charge revolver was out if time. Ruger sent me part for free that was damaged. Kimber was the only one that acted like their gun wasn't the problem..

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    ....it does not consistently return to battery upon firing...
    Ed

HOW is it failing? Fail to eject the last round fully? A "three point" fail to feed? Or does the live round enter the chamber and simply fail to fully lock up "in battery" ?

Did previous owner have the same issue? Can you post a picture of the gun in failure mode?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom