KNS anti walk pins ISSUE. Input appreciated!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Well, I pieced together a preferred configuration of my own today from my preexisting rifles and a new Black Rain Ordnance billet upper and lower....long story short: Everything went smoothly until I got to the KNS gen 2 pins that I was moving over from my stag. They're too large! No way was I gonna force them in. I tapped a small amount with a hammer/punch, but no give.

Anyone else run into this problem? Are there a smaller diameter set of pins? The milspec/parts kit pins went in without issue.

PS: It has a RRA 2 stage trigegr in it, not that it should make a difference? :dunno:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    but they look so KOOL lol. I figured I'd put them on for shits n grins, but I guess I could live with out them. I was just puzzled at how the LPK pins went it no prob. Would I be a persistent ******* if I tried to tap the KNS pins in? Could it be just a build up of anodizing? Is there such a thing? The whole billet lower gun thing is new to me. I just wouldn't want to damage anything on the lower. I could probably answer my own questions but the worst I could hear is no again, right?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    hahahaha! I knew ya'll would be good for a laugh. looks like she'll live with out them. I am gonna call black rain and be all like "heh breh? wtf?"

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    If the small ones fit a stag lower i would assume so. I have the original packaging somewhere ill have to see if there is any specification. I googled pics of black rain rifles and it appears that most of the guns have the kns gen 1 skinny type pins as opposed to my gen 2 set.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    The fact that there are at least 2 Gens of KNS means there are far to many non shooters building Barbie Guns.

Lol are they that terrible? I can understand your logic. I got them free so i figured id try to put them to use. What about people using drop in triggers like on the mp1522? Would the pins then serve more suitable purpose? All jokes aside.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I learned my lesson about ******** feelgood parts when I bought a Noveske with that gen 2 lower. Never again. KNS pins are the same deal. If you want a real fcg upgrade, Geissele and ALG offer several quality options.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Well, I pieced together a preferred configuration of my own today from my preexisting rifles and a new Black Rain Ordnance billet upper and lower....long story short: Everything went smoothly until I got to the KNS gen 2 pins that I was moving over from my stag. They're too large! No way was I gonna force them in. I tapped a small amount with a hammer/punch, but no give.

Anyone else run into this problem? Are there a smaller diameter set of pins? The milspec/parts kit pins went in without issue.

PS: It has a RRA 2 stage trigegr in it, not that it should make a difference? :dunno:

Yes, there are different sized pins.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    I would get them if you run a blow back 9mm AR. Also if you happen to have a machine gun lower and you run a 9mm upper. JP makes a version of anti-walk pins for competition shooters, probably just for their piece of mind. I believe the pins have a purpose.

Also, there has to be a reason why all POF rifles and GAP-10's come with them.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I would get them if you run a blow back 9mm AR. Also if you happen to have a machine gun lower and you run a 9mm upper. JP makes a version of anti-walk pins for competition shooters, probably just for their piece of mind. I believe the pins have a purpose.

No. The 9mm setup on my M16 broke the hammer pin of the KNS pins I had on the first trip to the range.

JR1572

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    No. The 9mm setup on my M16 broke the hammer pin of the KNS pins I had on the first trip to the range.

JR1572

Sorry to hear that. When my M16 finally clears the Form4, kns pins are the first mod I intend to make, followed by convert inning it to a collaspible stock. Hopefully it'll last more than a few hundred rounds.

Did you contact KNS about it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom