KORTH revolver - initial range report/impressions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I've been considering a Korth 357 for some time and now that they have a 3" model I'd like to add one to the collection. The thing is, I'm somewhat value orientated and I'm having a major issue convincing myself that they are worth north of $3500. Thats more than double the new 2020 Python. I would pay that for a nice vintage 3" Python but the Korth is still in production. What makes them worth the cost?
    Ed

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Here's a review. Supposed to be the best made. All hand fitted Hammer forged barrels, all parts billet steel , immaculate fit and finish and trigger like butter

What's it worth to you to have one is the question....

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I’ll never own one at Anywhere near that price. How much better is it compared to a S&W from the Performance Center?
    It would be just my luck to invest all that money to get the “Best Shooting” handgun just to get Parkinson a year later.
    Keep that barn still while I try to shot it!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I would get a new Colt,and a S&W competitor ( the cool performance center one that has removal of weight under barrel) for that amount of $

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Anybody ever heard of / seen / held / shot one?
    I have fired one. It was a beautiful revolver and everything was good and proper with it. Obviously made by someone who put an extra effort into it. That said, I’d only buy one if having it for the sake of having it is important to you. I’d never carry it, keeping it for target shooting and personal satisfaction. Then again, I’m not into placing that much money into such things.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It may be a fine weapon but there is just no way I could spend that much money on a range toy . We all know that's all it would ever be .

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I'm sure it is worth it, plus you cannot have that experience without that price.

I spent more on the g36e build I did recently. Was definitely worth it. No way to do a true German g36e without dropping some coin.

I have had the desire to get a Korth, however I do not like BMW or European junk like that, and I do not wear a watch. Enjoying a finely crafted gun is not for everyone.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I have owned one. Definitely the finest craftsmanship of any revolver. If you have the money and like owning fine things, get one. You’ll be the only kid on the block with one. Not sure you could buy a new one for under $5,000 now. It’s like owning a Mercedes Maybach. No one needs one, but you can‘t take your money, or anything else for that matter with you. Possessions are only rented while you are here on Earth. Enjoy if you are willing and able.

Top Bottom