Kraut's tactical duty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Protecting my little kid from teh evil speeders! What's up buddy. Nice finally meeting you. Yeah, this thread is just to say hi, but also thanks for keeping the kiddos safe. People don't realize that a crossing guard does save lives. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I've seen people flying down that street in front of my daughters school. No, it's not glorious, but thanks for doing it. I'll bring you some 'not just donuts' donuts next time...lol

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    +1

Few things in life are more important- or honorable- than keeping children out of harm's way....

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm not a big fan of speed traps (there are better uses of those cops time...) but school zones are another story. They should issue spike strips to those crossing guards!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    In truth, I was there for the school zone assignment and had a trainee doing most of the legwork, I couldn't have left him there to go after a speeder even if I had wanted to, it would have to be something incredibly reckless to warrant the a$$chewing I'd get for leaving the school zone and trainee unattended. Politics and administrative inertia. Those temporary stops signs seem to be doing the trick at that intersection, but there's no real good solution to the traffic clusterfu@k there, worse in the afternoons. Good meeting you, though, and seeing that sweet ride a little closer.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    it was at our lady of lourdes in slidell. Yeah, those signs are a huge improvement from last year. But that traffic still sucks. Hopefully they will work out the kinks this year.

Top Bottom