Lafayette places to shoot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Just wondering where everybody around Lafayette goes to shoot. I have a membership to Barneys but the rifle range is short and always broke. The pistol range is usually good except for days when they have classes. That and you can only shoot brass. Just looking for somewhere close to shoot during the week. Let me know where yall go.
    Thanks
    Wade

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    LPSO range is open to the public on saturdays 8am to 1pm or so. 100 yard rifle with seperate pistol range. No fees

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Iberia Parish Sheriffs range is open on Wednesdays from 1 till 4 and Saturday from 8 till 12. This may change after July 1 as the new Sheriff takes over. From what I understand, he will keep it open to the public. It is free.
    2 pistol lines, one has steel plates, 0 to 25 yards. 8 bench covered rifle line, 25, 50, 100, 125 yards.
    Its a good range for free. I'm usually on the rifle line both days.

Art

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    LPSO would be the next place after Barney's. Sherburne is a drive but you can make a day out of it. LPSO range requires a short 10min orientation regarding safety and range rules but once you're done with that you'd be good to go any Saturday.

kcomeau10x

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2008
    Lafayette
    Gun club near Lafayette

http://www.hcrpc.com/

As a member of this club, I encourage you to give us a look-see. We have a nice facility that will only get better, but we need new members to keep growing. We are in the midst of planning for a 1000 yard range that we hope to open within 2 years. Our current rifle line is 300 yards with 30 benches, all covered and slabbed. Our pistol range is 50 yards with just a slab for now and a cover is pending installation. We have a regulation trap range, as well.
    Check us out!
    Contact me if you have questions.

Ken

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    http://www.hcrpc.com/

As a member of this club, I encourage you to give us a look-see. We have a nice facility that will only get better, but we need new members to keep growing. We are in the midst of planning for a 1000 yard range that we hope to open within 2 years. Our current rifle line is 300 yards with 30 benches, all covered and slabbed. Our pistol range is 50 yards with just a slab for now and a cover is pending installation. We have a regulation trap range, as well.
    Check us out!
    Contact me if you have questions.

Ken

Ken, welcome to the forum. I still haven't shot at the range yet this year. I think that will change soon. Hope to see you out there. If not, I'll catch you at the next gun show.

Art Brady

P.S. I ran into M. Burke at the I.P. Sheriffs range today. He was shooting a
    416 Remington. :eek3: :D

Top Bottom