Land sold for indoor range and gun store

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    As seen in Baton Rouge newspaper a tract of land at I-12 and Millerville (Baton Rouge) sold to a developer with plans for a shooting range / gun store Shoot Point Blank and the plan is to start building later this month with the business set to open in early 2022. This will be the 33rd location in the nation. ............................... drill sgt. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Location is the north west quadrant of I-12 / millerville...... between the Honda dealership and the Golden Corral resturant.

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    If it is the same person that was supposed to Build a Shooting Range in Gonzales don't hold your breath. Person tried twice and was even collecting dues before the place was built. Wonder if people's money was returned. I was told in both cases that it was a cluster CF of business partnerships and they could not get insurance for the range.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If it is the same person that was supposed to Build a Shooting Range in Gonzales don't hold your breath. Person tried twice and was even collecting dues before the place was built. Wonder if people's money was returned. I was told in both cases that it was a cluster CF of business partnerships and they could not get insurance for the range.

This is a national chain so none of that should be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlueJay73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I googled Shoot Point Blank to see if they gave any info about their ranges. They have websites for each city they are in. I went to the Humble, Texas site. The website says their range fees are $22 PER HOUR!

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I guess I am not most shooters. Last time I went to the range I was there for 8 hours. But I reload and fiddle around with Chronographs and stuff.

I would have to shoot several cases of ammunition if I stayed 8 hours.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    If I was close enough to an indoor range to shoot often I would become a member and make them rue the day they gave me unlimited hours at the range for ~$50 a month.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    In and out in less than a hr... Yikes... I agree with jbp55... Several cases for sure. I don't go often because of the drive involved, but when I go the MCTA on the weekends, I'm there to watch them take the padlock off the gate, and usually the last one to be leave. Or at least among the last. I live 15-20 mins from Precision in B.R. I could go there, but they are expensive as all hell, and I'm not a fan of indoor ranges. All you can do there is punch paper. I like being outdoors where I can move around, and be around people willing to teach/train me on more than standing in one spot and putting holes in a target. I guess what I'm saying is Precision is Expensive and boring.

Top Bottom