Lapua brass my a$$

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    So in the interest of shooting some PRS style matches I decided to find another brass to shoot through my .243 other than the Lapua brass I currently use, since it may be a possibility I won't recover my brass. So I decided to go the cheapest route I could think of and bought once fired lake city 7.62 brass to size down to .243. Based on my experience in changing to LC brass in my 308 I dropped my charge .2 grains due to differences in case volume. Necks are a little on the thick side and are about .020 shorter than max case length but I figured I would try them out before deciding to neck turn. Shot five rounds earlier this morning at 100 through a disturbing boil and got a little impatient on the last shot and new I pulled it far left when it broke, but the rest impressed me for the amount of case prep I put in... Clean in water, deprime, swage, clean in stainless media, anneal, resize in rcbs die with expander ball, and load. Btw Berger 105 hybrid, 48 retumbo.
    01EAA17C-4D5E-4DE4-A6BB-03837AD772A9_zpsubxlo96m.jpg

hbankst

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Tylertown,Ms
    Looks like the Retumbo is working pretty good for you.I have never tried Retumbo in .243. I've have always used Varget in my .308 size cases and Retumbo in my magnum cases. Now you got me wanting to try it

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    yeah, thats a pretty good group at 100yds, but people dont buy lapua brass for shooting 100yds. Palma and f class guys buy it for shooting 1k, cause its super consistent, and more importantly lasts a long time. I know of one palma shooter that got 14 reloads out of his last batch in a 308, said that the primers could be pushed in by hand.
    you can do the same thing by buying new winchester or whatever, and weight sorting, water capacity, etc, but that takes up a lot of time.
    LC brass is good stuff too, its pretty much what I shoot when I decide to shoot my m1a or lr308 in a match.

hbankst

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Tylertown,Ms
    I prefer Lapua brass myself but have used Nosler also with the same success out of my Rem LTR .308. My gun always seem to like the hotter loads when I'm shooting the 168gr Berger's

Last edited:
    Top Bottom