Laser on a crossbow?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Is it legal to hunt HOGS at night on private land with a crossbow equiped with a laser sight? Can I put a frickin laser beam on my sausage shooter? Can't find anything about hunting with a laser sight unless its a deer, in which case it is a No Go.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Is it legal to hunt HOGS at night on private land with a crossbow equiped with a laser sight? Can I put a frickin laser beam on my sausage shooter? Can't find anything about hunting with a laser sight unless its a deer, in which case it is a No Go.

Personally I wouldn't see why you couldn't... It's private land and I think hogs are open season year round on public land right?

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    I thought the book says you cant use laser or night vision for any game. I thought it was under general firearm guidlines. I may be wrong though I havent looked at it this year.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Not legal to hunt anything a night in Louisiana except racoon with a singleshot .22

RS 56:116.1
    B. No person shall do any of the following:
    (4) Take or kill any game bird or wild quadruped with a bow or crossbow or other archery equipment, which is equipped with an infrared or laser sight or any sighting device which projects a beam of light to the target or otherwise electronically illuminates the target.

Top Bottom