Lauer AR-15 Stripped Lowers - $85

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Or you could get an Essential Arms for $100 from Bullet & Blade. Tax will be added. You can inspect it first & compare to the others he had.

The only thing about the $85 out of town lower is the shipping & transfer fee needs to be added.

As far a brands their is little to no difference or gigantic difference depending on who you talk to. 1 guy on AR15.com supposedly has seen many & he claims that there is enough variance within a brand that other factors such as the year, lot & source of manufacterer come into play.

The search feature on AR15.com never works for me. I'll get you the link if I can find it.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I dont know much about AR's. Is that a good one?

I prefer Stag/CMT/RRA...but yeah, Lauer is a good one. If you are thinking about building one in the future, it might not be a bad idea to grab one (or two) of these.

I managed to pick-up some Stag lowers for $80 a couple of years ago soon after CMT started the Stag brand.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    IMHOP a lower is a lower. Some just seem to have fancy engraving on them. You can order direct from Essential arm's and they are 76-79.00 ea. You have to pay a transfer fee no matter where you buy it. The thing with them is the outside tends to have small dings/nicks in them. For me, I don't care about that stuff because I just build shooters, but someone else might care a lot. The insides mic out right on the money and I've measured from 5 different batches so I'd say they are pretty consistent.
    Remember this is the retard net and your millage may vary:rofl::rofl::rofl:

now when you start talking about billets and stuff thats a whole different deal

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    EA lower direct from factory are 76-79 as per Rockmup.
    Add $14 minimum shipping plus transfer fee & it it probably easier just to hit a local shop & see what they can do. The EA lowers at B & B all had no dings or dents, none of the others did either. The EA Tuff Coat does seem to pick up rub marks easier that others.

I have heard of 1 brand in particular having tight magwells. I think it was DPMS but maybe not. If I remember correctly DPMS makes one lower that is cast & the rest of there line is forged.

Mine's probably going to be painted over so I didn't care about the finish.
    I was in $$ saving mode.

The link Spanky posted also mentions:
    Custom Markings $65
    Laser Engraving $85
    So maybe that is the point

The variances that the guy on AR15.com posted were things like flash lines, radius & bevels. Also some cosmetic difference. No real measurements other than pin holes for mounting the upper to the lower were mentioned. I don't know how some of these guys are in the know or where they get there info.
    I'm only recounting it from memory.
    Y'all can read it here
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=318113

Related articles of interest:
    http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=342873

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

One man's opinion:
    The best source on the internet is the www.ar15.com “Equipment Exchange”. Just look around there and you will see all kinds of vendors selling striped lowers.

Out of the ones you listed I would recommend Sabre Defense if this is for your own future use. If I were not limited to your selections and simply wanted to buy striped lowers for my own future builds I would go Noveske. I plan on picking up

I myself am a LMT fan boy. I simply feel they represent the best value. If you want a complete lower I would go LMT. Lauer and DS Arms lowers are also made “by” LMT to Lauer and DS Arms specifications. But regardless LMT wouldn’t make crap.

Sabre Defense, Noveske and LMT are all companies which cut as few corners as possible. I would have no problem with any of them. I would rate all their Lowers about the same.

If you are looking for future resale only I’d recommend DPMS or RRA.

Look at these links:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=477809

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=448937

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=374459

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=461248

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=5490

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Or you could get an Essential Arms for $100 from Bullet & Blade. Tax will be added. You can inspect it first & compare to the others he had.

The only thing about the $85 out of town lower is the shipping & transfer fee needs to be added.

As far a brands their is little to no difference or gigantic difference depending on who you talk to. 1 guy on AR15.com supposedly has seen many & he claims that there is enough variance within a brand that other factors such as the year, lot & source of manufacterer come into play.

The search feature on AR15.com never works for me. I'll get you the link if I can find it.
    Well, crap. Very good point.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    EA has some good looking receivers.

aesthetics anyway...made in La makes me want to buy one even though I have no use for it right now lol.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I didn't mean to sound like I was blowing off B&B as an option. I absolutly belive in supporting the vendors on any bord if I can. He's just too far for me to consider, so I don't think of it like that.

In the end your either going to pay tax or shipping or both, the transfer fee is the same. As for shipping I've never bought just one so the shipping gets spread to all of them.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Rockmup,
    I agree with you, everyone has to do what is best for them. Who wants to justify every action / comment on the internet any way. Especially adults.

The fact you made measurement gives you more credibilty than most opinions out there.

If I'm not mistaken I saw in post that you do machine work & duracoat. So I respect you opinion even if it did not seem so in my post. If someone wants whatever lower they want that's fine with me & if there is a pitfall about a particular item I'd rather know about it before I buy. I'd rather hear your opinion than not.

Actually it is in my best interest to not tell y'all about the one's at B&B so I can get more later. The only reason I found the shop was the fact he was a site sponsor. I do try to supports locals - but sometimes I get what I need from Wal-mart or Academy. It takes some effort to seek out the locals but it can be worth it. Some local guns shops don't make it easy. They shoot themselves in the foot so to speak.

Respectfully,
    RDO

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    I'm a bit fan of Essential Arms. I've put together half a dozen rifles using their lowers, and never had any problems. In a perfect world, the "spit and polish" on them could be a bit better, but for the price you can't really complain. On the other hand, the Lauer lowers are nicer lowers, but the $85 price is a holiday special and probably won't be around for much longer.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I have another question.When you use one of these lowers to build a AR pistol do you have to mark it as such?On a AK you dont but then again its riveted and not so easy to swap around.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I have another question.When you use one of these lowers to build a AR pistol do you have to mark it as such?On a AK you dont but then again its riveted and not so easy to swap around.

NO. It gets registered as a pistol when you do the paper work with your FFL guy. At least it did for the last 3 I bought

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Bam,
    If I have the story correct, everything I have seen says:
    Buy it as a pistol & it stays a pistol. No swapping back & forth. I guess there is some reasoning behind it. This was from internet posts by folks who had aledgedly bought them.

I never really concerned myself with it that deeply. The times I called the BATF about a different issue I got different answers from different people.

Edit: rockmup already coverd it.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    A receiver, once registered as a pistol CAN become a rifle. A rifle can NEVER become a pistol.

That was from a phone call with a BATF agent. It confirmed my reading of the retard net.:rofl:

RDO, my comment was not directed at you, I just put it out there in general

Top Bottom