Lawn Mower Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Help with my mower, I'm pretty sure I could find somebody on BS that could help fix the space shuttle.....but this ain't that complicated

I have a Husqvarna YT 23 48

It's fluid drive and I really like it ...but now , at 3 yo its getting a grinding noise in the electric mower clutch. Thats the doohickey that goes on the end of the crank and drives the blade and the hydrostatic pump ( 2 belts )

It works fine but when ever I realease the foot clutch to drive the clutch starts that grinding noise, when the blade is engaged the noise is a lot less

I took it off and washed it out and squirted some LPS in it, it go a little quieter but it's still wrong

New one are 200 - 400 USD, ask me how bad iwant to ignore this and buy a 1K rnd ammo can

Whats it gonna hurt ?? could it eat the end of the crank ?? ...awwww

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    It is most likely the bearings in the electric pto clutch that drives the blades. you could try to pull it off and see how hard it would be to get the bearings out. I have seen some that are removable and some that aren't. It shouldn't tear the crank up but it could cause excess heat and start to burn the blade belt. It will also cause vibration on the end of the crankshaft which is not good for the output shaft bearings.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Once you have the new clutch assy in hand or installed, you may want to take a stab at changing those individual bearings. They are usually pretty cheap and it may prove to be a relatively simple fix. That way, if successful, you will have a spare assy on the shelf.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Replace the clutch. The lubrication you did helped a little so that tells you the clutch is dry and/or its fixing to part ways with itself. I did not know those clutches were that costly. Have a Poulan Pro since 2006 that mows almost an acre yard every week and still has original belts but blades are gonna need changing soon. It musta been built by Timex cause it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Been off line for a couple days, Hughes Net amp burnded slap up..guy just left

thanks for the input ya'll, I 'm gonn a otter one from that site listed here soon as I crap 75 bucks xtra

Top Bottom