LE/Military ONLY Firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    For example,

Can a LEO purchase a 14.75'' barrel M4/AR15 for PERSONAL use ?

If he can, by using his LE Credentials, what happens when he is NO LONGER and Active LEO ?

Does he have to give up the gun ?

It's not me BTW.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Can't be purchased w/ LEO credentials, has to be an ATF registered SBR which anyone can do for $200. LEO status change makes no difference...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Can't be purchased w/ LEO credentials, has to be an ATF registered SBR which anyone can do for $200. LEO status change makes no difference...

Well I can promise you he didn't pay the $200 ATF fee. He's also not the first LEO to be able to get his hands on Class III Firearms alot easier than we can.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Actually anyone with a credit card can order a short barrel and/or upper. No credentials/paperwork/stamp needed.

However if you want to actually attach that short bbl to a lower it better be registered first. Beyond that, there is nothing stopping anyone at all from buying a short barrel. My 9.25 inch upper was shipped USPS straight to my cubicle with no ID, no signature, no nothing.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Actually anyone with a credit card can order a short barrel and/or upper. No credentials/paperwork/stamp needed.

However if you want to actually attach that short bbl to a lower it better be registered first. Beyond that, there is nothing stopping anyone at all from buying a short barrel. My 9.25 inch upper was shipped USPS straight to my cubicle with no ID, no signature, no nothing.

But wouldn't be advisable to store it at the same location as an unregistered AR lower. Wouldn't you agree, Teddy?

Top Bottom